DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a few days ago that when I am turning kind of sharp, usually when I am backing out of a parking spot, I get a pop from the front end. I can feel it just a little bit through the wheel. Im not sure what it is, but it happens when the wheel is almost at full lock.

Any ideas on what to look for?

Joey

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont really know much about front ends, but if it helps I have noticed that it only does it when I make a sharp right turn. It doesnt matter whether I am going forward or backing up, but it seems to make the noise more when I am going slow.

Joey

·
Blue Dodge Ram
317 Posts
Depends if you do it yourself or not. I think I was quoted about $200? maybe from the dealer.

·
Registered Abuser
163 Posts
best way to check, is do what i did. o
pen driver or passenger door and stand beside seat holding onto interior grab handles. bounce up and down as if your were tryin to tip truck over, and you can get truck rocking pretty hard with 1 or 2 ppl doing this. then have a 3rd person listen in front end for noise and they can feel around and tell excatly wats clunking.

i diagnosed ball joint and sway bar link issue with this method and it worked awesome.

u break a sweat prety fast , and will lok like an idiot doing this but it works (unless u got a 1 ton then this might be tricky)

·
Registered Abuser
163 Posts
bad balls can be diagnosed by jacking up front of truck and prying with a bar to try to lift front tire, if tire moves in or out the balls are shot, balls usually go at 100k miles and up so if you are under that its most lilkley swaybar links,

remove 1 sway bar link and see if it goes away

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.