1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all....

just wanted to introduce myself...
I'm scott from Richmond...I own a 03 Durango

I also have a really annoying squeak coming from the rear when I go around turns...anyone know what this might be. the dealer told me the diff. fluid needs to be replaced and a friend of mine told me it could be the sway bar.
Any opinions?

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
welcome! hopefully you'll find all your answers here.

do us a favor and fill out a signature to tell us what you're running (year, engine, mods, etc) so that we can better help you.

now, on to your question. can you describe the squeek a bit better? is it coming from the driveline? tires? rear end? do you have a limited slip differential?

if you've never changed the fluid in the rear, i'd suggest doing that as general maintnance. also, while your doing that. ... inspect the gears and clutches inside to see if there is any problems there. be sure to look at the fluid for any metal shavings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is like a quick squeak over and over while going around a turn. sounds like it is coming from the rear.

it is a 2003 Durango, SXT, smaller of the v8's 4.3?(dont know the exact number)

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
sounds like a sway bar bushing

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
if you find out its your bushings, switch to urethane. you'll get a little less body roll for the same, if not a little cheaper than from dodge. but, make sure you lube them up well before installing.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i have like the same kinda of sound comin out of the rear end of my D, it only happens when i back up real slow and turning at the same time, would it be the sway bar bushing?

oh yeah i have a 2000 5.9L STL PLus 4x4

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
RAJ- sounds like it may be the same. but, also, it could be a u-joint. mine was doing the same, and i replaced the u-joint closest to the diff.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the same squeek that scott888 describes, and also only when turning left. Are you sure though that it is coming from the rear - mine is coming from the front because I can hear it when my wife goes by me in the driveway. This problem sure seems to come up very regularly on this forum, I'm surprised it hasn't been solved yet. The sound is in rythym with the vehicle speed, so I'm thinking maybe the front cv joint, or the brakes - though they make no sound when going straight. Is the cv joint serviceable, or at least can it be inspected for corrosion or wear?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.