DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas, new member here. I kinda had a bittersweet weekend. I traded a hemi for a hemi. I previously owned a 04, blue, reg cab 4x4, 20's, 4-speed, 23,200 miles. But i change trucks like underwear so i got a 05, black, reg cab 2x4, 17's, 5-speed. I never thought there would be that much difference and i honestly started to think the hemi was overrated but not anymore. My new one is definately a tire smoker. The first thing i want to do is make my truck level. Any suggestions because i was told the dodge only has 1" inch shakles and i dont want to remove any overload springs. And i also dont want to spend a whole lot. Thanks fellas, help me spend some of that green.

P.S. Where is a race track in central arkansas

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
First, WELCOME TO DT!

For lowering you really need to talk to Slammed1! Plus I see you're in Central Arkansas, he's in Ft. Smith and can hook you up. He's done TONS of Rams on this forum from all over the country.

Going from a 4x4 to a 2wd and the 17's made a HUGE difference for your performance, that's why you noticed it so much.

Have fun and we will definitely help you spend that green :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the info. If i was told dodge only has 1" shakles then how is he going to get the extra 2 or so inches i want w/o spending a whole lot more money. I mentioned the overloads to a place in town and they recommended me NOT to do that. Rougher and bouncier ride, and that if i ever haul anything my truck may squat too much.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
well here goes again..........the shackles will net an approximate 1 1/2 -2 " drop depending on if trailer/tow equipped or not.......the overload spring removed will net you another 3/4 inch to be within 3/4 of an inch level front to rear.......I have persoanlly done the short shackle and overload removal method on around 75 trucks now and have had nothing but great reviews on how the ride improved........I have however heard the stories of short shackles and spring clamps that make the ride as you said bouncy and stiff!!! Its all a matter of opinion but the method I choose has yeilded great results and all happy customers!!!! I still towed a race car on a heavy ass trailer to Centerville raceway(Central Arkansas!!! Hint,Hint,Hint) with hardly any more moticable squat than normal with the overloads removed,as well as a ski-boat too!!!! If you want to come my way sometime I will hook you up with this particular set-up,if you dont you can deal with the guys who say this rides rough and bouncy who are talking from Non-experience!!!!!

Centerville Raceway is South East of Russelville if you are interested in some 1000ft drag racing......there are no local 1/4 mile tracks close to us unless you go to Memphis or Tulsa!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks slammed1 i'll send you an email with more details.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1500quad, moose knuck is the only way to go man. If i can find a good pic of one i might use it as my signature. Im from Cabot slammed 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.