DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I just signed up as a member. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Regular Cab with the extended bed. I have the little 17 inch wheels :VHOT: , tinted windows all around, chrome tailgate handle, chrome door handles, chrome third brake light cover, Putco Grill inserts, Xenon Headlights, Chrome Door Pins, MRK Group interior items, a Ram's head gas door cover (soon to be replaced as it is corroding....damn eBayers...)custom black taillights, Clifford Remote Start with keyless entry and alarm, VentVisor window guards, Xenon reverse lights, Diamond Plate floor mats, and Custom chrome door sills.

I will soon be adding a Flowmaster dual rear exhaust, (maybe Headers depending on money situation), I need a chrome factory bug-shield, Grizzly Roll bars (probably the double/single design) Westin chrome running boards, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome fender trim, a chrome dash kit, Nu image flamed gauges, and a Westin Ultimate Bull Bar. I also need to decide on a stereo system. I am thinking about an indash DVD system and PS2 under the front middle seat. I also already have a colormorphics neon system for the inside, I just need to install it. Wheel upgrade also needed.

My question is, am I overlooking anything? If anyone has any suggestions let me know; it feels like I am missing something in my planning.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Welcome to DT Matt... sounds like you're already doing pretty good with your truck. When you get a chance, upload some shots into your gallery.

I guess a big thing for you... will depend on what engine you have. Everything else though it looks like you've got pretty well covered. Oh yea, and don't do just wheels... cause that leaves you with 17s, so step it up. :) How big... well that depends on if it's a 2x4 or 4x4 and just how bad you wanna go. Also, when you go big there... upgrade the brakes too.

Again, welcome to DT :tup:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. It is a 2WD unfortunately. When I said wheels, I mean 20 inches or bigger. Sorry for not clarifying. Also, I have the 4.7L V-8. Cant afford the Hemi yet, still a poor college kid :( I was also thinking about an air intake, and a throttle body spacer, but I heard that the TBS on Rams are almost useless. Anyone know? I notice a lot of people have the Air-Ram system as well. Is that any good? I was thinking about getting one, but was unsure if I should or not. Also, for anyone who has the Jet-Stream Scoop; does it even make a difference? I am skeptical about that, but if it works, let me know.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk! Got any pics of that truck? What color is it? My regular cab 4x4 SLT is graphite, and I also have the 17's. Of course with 4wd, I kinda prefer having them.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
No prob... you just said wheels before which is why I made that suggestion. I was just curious cause the 2wd throws me since you were adding a bull bar and a roll bar, which kind of counters the suggestion I was going to make was to get some 20s or 22s and lower it some with a nice aggressive stance.

The TBS... yea, they're pretty worthless, but I haven't heard of anything negative about it... so if you wanna make a lil noise you could get it along with an intake kit and an intake tube as well.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Color is Black. In a perfect world I would have gotten at least an 03 so I could have a Hemi and I would love the 4WD, but I didnt have the money to pick and choose. I wanted a Ram, and I wanted a black one, and this one fit my budget. It is the SLT at least with almost all the options.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Hey, no prob with that... I'm walking proof right now of getting into what you can afford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.