DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pepperdyne
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site, I hope it is not as rough as the last forum I was on. I have a 1957 Dodge Sweptside I am working on, it is not on the road yet. I am doing body work at the moment, looking forward to discussing many things with everyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
57 Dodge D200

I too have a 57 Dodge, hoping to get it on the road soon. There are a few things I need to improve so I can rely on her a daily driver. Got one leaking brake wheel cylinder and a couple of parts on the steering that need to be replaced. I'm in Connecticut, wher are you located?...Dave

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
We try and keep this a friendly site :) Welcome to Dodgetalk.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the steering working better, not perfect but better. Still got to get the brake drums off so I can get at the leaking wheel cylinder. But boy is it fun to cruise around in, gets lots of nods and thumbs up. Has anyone put an overdrive or different rear end in a 57, it is geared so low it's not really good on the interstate, screams at 50.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah i Put a 8 3/4 out of a 69 road runner in my 57 the wheel base is the exact same, I just had to move the perches. i put a sure grip "posi" with 3.55's screams at about 110MPH but gets up to it really quick :D its powered by a 360/727.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to site also

I just bought a 1959 Dodge Town Wagen and I'm located in Murrayville, GA. Are you still working on your truck?

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
welcome to dt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.