Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,
Thank you for having a good forum for Dakotas. I am on my third one having started with a '88 black Dak Sport. Wow, things have improved since the 125 HP V6. That truck was bullet proof, though. I only replaced a distributor Hall-effect transistor in 135,000 miles. Even the AC never needed charging.

In 1999, the '88 Dak was totaled. It was doused with about 10,000 gal of 20 year old heat transfer fluid while I as visiting a lub blending facility in Sand Springs, OK. Still ran fine, but boy, did it smell bad. Windows were open, so you can imagine what the interior looked like.

I next purchased a dark green '98 Dak Sport Club Cap V8. Big improvement in power over the '88 V6! Still have the truck with 125K on it. Normal problems with upper and lower ball joints, and a lot of fun figuring out the rough idle problems that plague these engines. But it runs great now and still doesn't burn any oil at all.

I purchased a 2006 Quad Cab when they were severely discounting them at the end of that year. It has a 4.7L HO with most of the options. I haven't done much to it other than a K&N induction. It does get extremely good mileage in Colorado. I have driven from Aurora to Salida, then to Monarch, then back home on one tank--380 miles. Averaged about 21 MPG.

I am looking for recommendations for new tires as the Goodyear's don't wear very well. I will get about 30K on them by the time they reach the wear indicators.

Thanks for letting me join your discussions,
Bob

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Welcome to DT

·
Private Assasin
1,198 Posts
Welcome to DT!!!:loud:

I am looking at tires (have 34K on mine) and I want to get away from Goodyears also. If you have an HO I assume it's either an R/T or a Laramie, and you are probably sporting 265/60R18s?

My friend has these Kumhos on his '93 Lighting (daily driver) and he is very happy with them:

http://www.kumhousa.com/Tire.aspx?id=57&cat=25

I am also eyeing up these Coopers, in a 285/55R18 they are an inch wider of a tire, but are almost the exact same height as factory:

http://www.coopertire.com/html/products/tires_uhp.aspx?page=zeon_xst&search=bySize&twtd=285&artw=55&rd=18

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah, I happen to live in Aurora as well. I'm off of smokey hill and s tower. You?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.