DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking since acquiring an 89 B350 Coach House conversion camper a few months ago. It’s a great, solid van with zero rust, a minor miracle for Canada. Since the purchase I’ve replaced the steering box, fixed up some leaky plumbing, done some interior renos, repaired the fridge, fixed the window and lock switches, installed some cool LED daytime running lights, and done perhaps a dozen other little fixups that I can’t remember. Tomorrow it gets new rad hoses and coolant. The 5.2 runs well, but I suspect some vacuum hose leaks so they will get some attention soon. After 32 years the paint is bad, augmented by some poor, unmasked rattle-can work by a PO, so I’m negotiating to have it painted this fall or next spring. At the same time it will get new window weatherstrip in both front doors, thanks to Rock Auto.
Looking forward to receiving more wisdom from the experts at DodgeTalk, and sharing some of my own.

·
Registered
1990 dodge b350 van 5.9 campervan
12 Posts
hi, and welcome! I been fixing my campervan that I purchase last year. The paint on mine is flaking in some spots and at some point it have a partial paint job. Mine is also rust free top to bottom . I never thought about painting it because of the huge cost. Have you had any estimates?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, and welcome! I been fixing my campervan that I purchase last year. The paint on mine is flaking in some spots and at some point it have a partial paint job. Mine is also rust free top to bottom . I never thought about painting it because of the huge cost. Have you had any estimates?
Well I don’t want to put the big bucks into it that a body shop would charge, so I’ve been negotiating with a backyard shop guy who charges $50 an hour. His previous work on his own vehicles looks ok. He sent me a copy of his supplier’s estimate of the wholesale cost of materials, over $1,300. I’m still waiting for his not-to-exceed labour estimate, but if the total is much over $3,000, I won’t do it. I will help him with as much prep work as I can, to remove badges, graphics, spare tire, awning, and some of the RV stuff in order to keep his hours down. And I will buy and apply some modified graphics after it’s painted. I’ll let you know how it works out, but as said earlier, it might wait until spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts