DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apperently it's a problem with this truck i'm told by the dealership mechanic.
You can clearly see rust on the part and there is a huge play with the steering almost I would say about 6 inches on the steering wheel from left to right. They want $400 ca for the part plus labor. ouch!

·
DJMikePaul
405 Posts
check with your local junk yard.. i needed to replace the intermediate shaft on my old 97 dakota and i got one for $125... a little sandblasting and some tremclad and it was good as new... the dealership wanted $500 + install for that part btw...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check online. Search for dodge factory parts. I just did an 02 dak the part was $215 US. Dont get one from a junk yard. Most of the time they are not much better then what you have or they wont last very long.

·
DJMikePaul
405 Posts
you are right about 'most' of the time.. but not always.. i am not sure if the lower steering coupling is the same as the intermediate shaft.. however if you do get one from the junk yard, just check to see if it has play in it... i got that one 4 years ago and my brother is driving that truck now and the part is still in perfect condition.. no play.
See in Canada, that $215US part with shipping, duty, and tax... quickly becomes $300+ which is why the $125 part thats going to wear out just as quickly, made more sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.