Votes: 7 58.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I want a new look, a more monochromatic one for my truck.
I wondered what it would look like with a black bumper, using my smoked headlight covers. I am getting new "clear" headlights but couldn't get a good look.
So I was playing with paint and came up with this...please compare to the old bumper, and submit to my poll which look you prefer. Thanks!

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
that's one hell of a photochop :tup: ;) I say go for it

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
I tend to over-analyze things like this, and in my opinion it will look better if you continue the black theme on other parts of the truck. No doubt paint the rear bumper black too, but if you do black wheels it will compliment the other black parts more than anything.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Personally, I like Chrome, the more, the better.

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments, and I'm planning changing the rear bumper to black and going with black Cragar soft-8 rims.

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
That will for sure be a good look then. I'd say go for it.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
As long as it doesn't look like your doctored pic it should be ok.....

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
297 Posts
Id paint the grill to. Gonna go black just as well go all the way. Just my opinion.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
here ya go...a very quick chop, not really polished tho.

Attachments

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
black is back and bad a##

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
this might give you a better idea of what it looks like

Attachments

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My truck is white...you don't believe the black grille is too much? If it weren't for the chrome gille I could'nt see your truck at all in your pics JonRoc.

Its not that I don't like the all black look...:)

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
if you go black on the front you might want to think about going flat black on the sides from the bottom of the truck up to about 14 inches or the top of the crease for the trim it will make your truck look like it sets higher and has more lift try that on photo shop and see what you think

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
in that chop i did...there maybe too much black on the front of a white truck. Lemme add some more white to it.

Here ya go. Its hard (at least for me...lol) to change a dark black to white & it look right.

Attachments

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
the second looks the best i think it makes the truck look higher

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nice chop! Your efforts inspired me to find my photosuite disc and reload it. Here's what I cam e up with!

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
imo, i think the black strip at the bottom looks better bigger. Instead of painting it u could just get it rhinolined or linex'ed.

I have some light covers & u can't see crap at night, i drove not even a half mile down my road at like 9pm & had to turn my fogs on & drive back home. I really got em for show/pics anyway. SO an idea for show/offroad/pics...paint em white like in this pic...you could also paint your door handle white. I shaved it cause it was easier..lol

Also coulod paint your mirrors white too.

And paint your rear bumper white too or just get a rollpan & pain it white, if u don't tow that much. You could prolly mount a hitch lower to work with a rollpan.

EDIT: I tried to add a slight hint of blue to all the white I added. Cause the pic has a blue tint all over it. If I would of made it pure white it would have looked even odder.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.