Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got my new tires installed.
i can't wait to take it off roading in a couple of weeks.
what a big difference!

check out my gallery of the pics i posted today.
what ya think?
i hope it's not too cheesy.

Attachments

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
Very nice, clean looking Durango you got there. Them tires look good too. That is a very interesting mount point for the front off road lights though, but it doesnt look bad.

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks qtip

yeah...i decided to be different.
i first thought about a front light bar...but decided to go this route.
(but i still want the bar)
i said the heck with it...if i break or crack the grille...i'll go back to my stock grille.
plus...i wasn't too thrilled with this one.
i've been getting a few compliments...which is always nice.

this guy that lives down my street asked if i can do this same thing to his mustang...since his didn't come with the stock fogs and doesn't want to pay for a new grille.
we'll see how that goes.

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys.

i have to run and hook up the wires for the roof, and grille lights...
hopefully by this weekend...make that the following (it's gonna rain this weekend).
thats great...rain makes mud...so hopefully i'll hit some trails next week.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
that thing is sweet. A little to high for me, but still looks good

·
Reiddizzle
281 Posts
yea those things look sweet hopefully i can pop some tires and get those from americas tire co for $30 each haha. its nice when you got insured rubbers

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah...i thought my 31" original KM's were nice.
these things feel bullet proof...even though bf's are kinda soft.
i can't wait to wheel these.

i'll take a pic of my old 31"

i'm thinking of selling them...anyone in southern cal interested?

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks joanna!
it's nice to hear from a girl.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Dude those KM2's are awesome! My set is on order for my truck! 33-12.50-18 I cant wait! How do you like them so far? I've heard really really good things about them.

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tomorrow is gonna be 2 weeks with them on...
DAMN, I love them! and i haven't taken them off roading...yet.
just street use.
i thought my old KM's were nice, like i said above...they feel bullet proof for a soft tire.
i'm thinking of getting some for my Gladiator. i'll probably have to wait till the end of year for those since those will be 35" $$$. i have to hold back on the funds a bit.
i'm sure you must be feeling excited. it was the longest week and a half i had to wait when i ordered mine.
i felt like a kid on christmas all over again!
post some pics when you get those puppies on.

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
go at it girl...
and have fun!

·
Registered
452 Posts
tomorrow is gonna be 2 weeks with them on...
DAMN, I love them! and i haven't taken them off roading...yet.
just street use.
i thought my old KM's were nice, like i said above...they feel bullet proof for a soft tire.
i'm thinking of getting some for my Gladiator. i'll probably have to wait till the end of year for those since those will be 35" $$$. i have to hold back on the funds a bit.
i'm sure you must be feeling excited. it was the longest week and a half i had to wait when i ordered mine.
i felt like a kid on christmas all over again!
post some pics when you get those puppies on.
I will! They should be here in a few days, but I'm gonna wait to mount them up until I'm sure the snow is gone.... Don't wanna mess up the aftermarket wheels with salt!

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
those tires are gonna look really nice on your ram.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I hope so! Not to mention the list price on them in my size is $321 per tire. Ouch.

BTW, how do the 12.5" tires fit on your 8" wheels? Granted, you have more sidewall that I will, but technically mine are 12" wide and I have 8.5" wheels.

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
$321 (you're right...OUCH!) i hope you got insurance with those tires.
i paid $201 a pop...out the door w/insurance/balance/tax/other little state charges here and there...$998.65

12.50's are very common on 15x8 wheels. the wheels are well protected with this setup and i wanted a more wheelin tire setup. i had 10.50's on these same wheels, but they kept getting nicked due to less protection (should've installed the wheel rings), plus i really didn't like how they looked...didn't look meaty enough (looks count too). i was gonna go with 32x11.50's but i said "what the heck...i'll go bigger".
the downside on a 8" wide is that the bulge of the tire leads to premature at the center of the tire...unless you go with lower tire pressure. that's what i've been told.

·
Registered
452 Posts
$321 doesn't include the road hazard coverage or mounting/balancing. OTD price with road hazard coverage and mounting/balancing with 6% MI Sales tax brings it to $1,620.64. Granted, that's the computer price, and I get all my tires at cost. So I'm thinking they'll be around $1,200.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.