DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thats sweet as hell. :rck: I almost swore you had a cummins in your truck. By the routing of the intake.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah wish I had a cummins then I would be racing my truck every weekend and buying tires every month, but it does alright and with 245 tires itll smoke the tires through second with no power braking

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Just like mine. Only mine is a Fram Boost. Won it when they introduced them. Don't know if they still have them or not. They had a lot higher price on theirs, gotta pay for the name.
The main difference I noticed was it seemes to better response to the throttle.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
yes! i do like that one. finally someone has done it right.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Props and :tup: for a clean engine bay.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sad part is the engine bay is dirty compared to what it normally is I put the intake in and then left to go to the track so i didnt have time to gunk it and my friend found out that metal pipe gets hot after driving it hard

·
Paid Off!!
150 Posts
can you post a link to the ebay store you bought it from or any info. I would like to get one of these for my rig. Sounds like a reasonable price.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Nice!

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
looks great

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
only thing I dont like about it is it blocks where alot of good airflow comes in from between the radiator and headlight.....I would cut the front part of the box and bend it out to allow some of that air to hit it at speed.....but thats just me :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It uses the same fenderwell air that the stock intake uses and pretty much seals with the hood so that none of the hot air off the engine is sucked up which at slower speeds works better.

And I had to buy a longer hose for the breather that connects to the intake the one that came with mine was 12" and needed to run it across the engine no big deal

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looks good.

That looks similar to the Durango airhat. Does that come with the kit, or do you have to supply that?

I debated between either a straight pipe to the side (like yours) or the "Black Mamba" intake to the front. I chose the mamba.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea it comes with the filter and you use the same metal clamp that holds the stock intake on

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
dj, it comes with the airhat. I looked all over for a durango/dakota air hat with no luck. Seems this was the cheaper route to take.

I got mine in today. For $80 bucks, the quality is pretty darn good. I was expecting it to be cheap junk, but its not. Im impressed.

I do have one question tho. Is the filter an oil free unit or does it need to be oiled like a K&N filter..?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If it like my fram it is oil free.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.