1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I really like the hood, and I don't mind the flat black, but..... if it were mine I would have painted the scoop yellow to match the stripe. Either way it looks GOOD!

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
keven said:
I really like the hood, painted flat back in the center sets it off..
I agree, it makes it look like a shaker scoop! I like it! Looks good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dont know if its just me and my computer but does anybody else think that the "nostril" on the left has a lip that is a tad lower than the one on the right? It kind of looks like it, but it is probably the angle of the picture.

Otherwise, the hood looks awesome... I love the flat black :rck: If you want to incorporate your stripe into the hood... I would paint the HEMI logo yellow... I think that would look sweet :cool:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Schwwweeeet hood design....the flat black would look great on ANY color except black...in your case, I feel it should match the rest of the hood (glossy black). :cool:
Greg

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
Nice

I dont mind the flat black, though glossy would look good aswell

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
yellowbee said:
if it were mine I would have painted the scoop yellow to match the stripe.
Yup!

Or all gloss black, that can look sweet. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 69 super, black on black....since this pulls that I thought it would look nice...seing it in person is entirely different...besides there should be no other way to paint a 6-pack. At least for us old skoolers

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
yellow would be tight! to match the stripe!!! damn thats a good idea

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
i think it looks good the way it is :rck:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have to agree the gloss black would look better but it looks very good as is. If you like it that is what counts!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I actually tried it gloss first and didnt like it. The scoop is painted with organosol. If youve ever seen an original six pack hood thats what they used. The pics really dont do it justice. The lettering is carbon fiber and really stands out. The gloss black was to reflective and turned the hood into a jumbled mess with the angles and reflections...made it hard to even tell what it was. Hard to explain but that was my opinion anyway, but I do like it...

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
trimixdvr said:
If youve ever seen an original six pack hood thats what they used.

I have. Many. And I understrand the look your chasing. I guess to me your hood is not an authentic 6-pack unless you've intergrated tri-power somehow. So trying to make it look authentic is futal. But what do I know?

If you like it flat then its perfect. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.