DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my homemade intake built and installed recently. I used an air hat from 360airintakez, 3" ABS pipe, and a 9" S&B ProFlow Filter. Feels like it gave a little better throttle response and when u give ti gas you can hear her suckin' the air. I hope to have pictures up either tonight or tomorrow.

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
Sweet, post some instructions and pictures, since everyone on this site is a bunch of information whores. The more details the more wood we get =D.

-Pat-

=D

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
NightRider said:
Sweet, post some instructions and pictures, since everyone on this site is a bunch of information whores. The more details the more wood we get =D.

-Pat-

=D
:bman: right on

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll get up some in the next day or so, I promise... It's been raining here and even some sleet!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Pics! Pics! Pics!

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Comin'! Comin'! Comin'!

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
Um.. whether it is rainning, sunny, or sleeting the internet still continues its day to day operations. Weather is not a reason for you to not post pictures unless of course your computer is in your front yard...

-Pat-

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have to take the pictures. So if the truck is located outside then that could possibly pose a problem. Also I am a college student that is also working all of the time, so I will post them when I take them.

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
just got out and took some pics in the rain...

Attachments

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the black zip-tie will be replaced by a metal brace that will extend from the fender well and it will get a bath inside and out when the weather clears up.

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the air hat was 50, filter was 25, and hardware was around 10... so about 85 total....

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
any comments? ...like it, dislike it?

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
kriggo15 said:
any comments? ...like it, dislike it?
I like it.. although personally i wouldnt use zippies to keep it in place. Get some kind of bracket and bolt that bad boy down.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
I like it, I like it alot! It would be really neat if you could fab up some type of sheet metal box to house the filter inside of, kinda like the K&N FIPK.

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the zipties are not permanent. I plan on making a metal bracket and painting it black when I get out for the semester. The box would be a nice idea but I don't know if my fabrication is that good yet ;)... I removed the rubber flap next tot he radiator to allow more air to get into the filter. Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice. I like the ingenuity. Sheilding the inlet from engine and radiator heat is the next step. Channel some cool outside air to the filter for even more power.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Looks pretty good. You need to come up
with a better way of supporting the whole
tube and filter. That one wire zip tie ain't
going to cut it. Also, The straiter you can
get the air flow the better the air stream
velocity will be. Get rid of the 90deg bend
and go with a 45deg. Or rotate the air hat (if
possible) so that you won't need any bend
at all at the filter.

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
right now the zip tie and wing nut are holding it well. I will be making a bracket soon. I rotate the airhat alor already and may need a longer breather hose to complete that. Should I move the IAT sensor as well? If so, should I move it into the airhat ot the tube, because I'm not sure how long the sensor wire is?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.