DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gubby's Stomper Truck
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey... I am new on this forum... buying my first Dodge truck ... I am getting a black 2006 sport 1500... my question is ... I wanted it too come with the trailer tow mirrors ...but it does not ... I was wondering if I should not get the truck at all ?... or have the dealership in stall them before I pick it up ? (if so what the going rate ?)or do it myself ?... (if so how much does a set cost ?) is it posssiable to do it yourself ? thank you in advance for your help ... if I put this in the wrong forum I am sorry .

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
You can install them your self, its pretty easy to change them out. Keep an eye out on ebay, you can find them on there sometimes, and I have seen them for sale on here before also.

To install them you just have to get behind the door panel and unbolt the old ones and bolt in the new ones. Not a big deal and definately not worth paying the dealer. I cannot give you details on removing the door panels on an 06, but they are pretty easy on my 03.

·
Gubby's Stomper Truck
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when looking on ebay what are they listed on ebay ? and what is the going rate ? and are they stock Mopar made parts or they aftermarket parts ... is there any companies out there that make parts like that for Mopar ... I prefer the Mopar parts .

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
The ones I have seen are factory ones people have taken off their trucks to go to smaller ones. Also there is a few Dodge dealers that post new stuff on ebay that get sold for much less than you woulod pay at the dealer. I bought a couple of items from a dealer on ebay. I would look under something like Dodge Ram Tow Mirrors or something like that to find them.

I just looked on there and there are a bunch of tow mirrors. Price depends on if you need power mirrors, heated mirrors, or just manual ones.

·
Gubby's Stomper Truck
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can someone please post a art number for them ?...if anybody has any for sale I am interested . thanks

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
It looks like the part numbers are as follows:

Manual 82207297
Heated 82207298
Power and Heat 82209293

I found all three kinds on ebay, prices depend on who they come from and what options you need.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tell the dealership to throw em in for free and you will sign the papers and i bet you will have your mirrors. If they say no leave and by the time you get home, there will be a message waiting on you :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
ramman21 said:
Tell the dealership to throw em in for free and you will sign the papers and i bet you will have your mirrors. If they say no leave and by the time you get home, there will be a message waiting on you :D
I second that one. Besides... there will be another dealer willing to do it if your current dealer will not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.