DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Right-wing nutjob.
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been wanting to get some aftermarket headlights for my 2500 for some time now. Problem is I can't decide whether to go with black housing or chrome. For reference, my truck is Patriot blue and I've replaced my tails, HMTBL and cab lights with smoked pieces from RECON (tails from ebay). I had smoked lense driving lights, but they melted and I replaced them with clears. I was thinking chrome since I do have other chrome bits on the truck (bumpers, door handles) but like the look of the black as well.

Suggestions welcome, pics even better!

Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Are these headlights easy to install? I have a 1996 patriot blue ram. I think I'm going with chrome. so my vote for you is chrome.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Excellent looking lights and two hundred for the pair is reasonable if it's a straight bolt on /in with no mods. I saw the chrome verson on ebay and that caught my eye.

either black for chrome will look good on your truck. My vote is still chrome for the laramie.

·
Registered
265 Posts
another nod for the black ones. I just put these in, they are the one piece kind. $131 delivered from eBay seller sprinter9801

I like how those look! I have a busted housing on the driver side,and i need to replace mine.I wondered how they would look on a black truck.Do you have a pic more straight on from the front?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Man those do look good!Were those a direct bolt in?did you have to change any wiring to hook up the bulbs?did they come with bulbs?Do you like the one piece style lights?I wondered how well they mounted and how hard it was to get your lights aimed right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
3 bolts hold each one in, just like the originals. They are plug and play, no spliceing up the harness. There is an adjustment for aiming the light up or down, but not left to right.
That could probably be done by adding washers behind the mounting points.... mine didnt need it.

I am very hapy with them compared to my old yellow/dull ones.

·
Registered
631 Posts
This is a bit of a tough one! My only concern with the black ones is how well do they reflect the light onto the highway? No use getting the black ones when you can hardly see in front of you at night!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.