DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 1500 Quad cab that I want to put a new head unit in. Bestbuy has an alpine that I like but is isn't tall enough to fill the space in the dash. Are there kits to fill the void? Do they make an extra cubby hole? Does the smaller head unit look ok in the dash?

Also does anyone have a recommendation for speakers? What size go in the front doors vs size in the rear doors.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Here you go, and I replaced my speakers with Polk db's; 3way 6x9's and 2way 5.25's

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get the surround unit? I like the cubby hole under the stereo. Thanks for the information and the bezel looks great.

Dan

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I got mine from a local stereo shop, I'm pretty sure anywhere that sells HU's will have the mounting surround, mine is made by Metra.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information.

Dan

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
you betcha :)

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
no cubby but i got my radio from crutchfield and they give you the surround the wiring adapter and the motorola antenae adapter for free. I would look there before you buy it from best buy and figure out the difference to buy all those accesories that you need to install it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.