Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just purchased a 2008 Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4wd with the 5.7. I noticed it already had a K&N intake on it and was wondering what else might be on/in it. The exhaust looks stock, but I know nothing about chips/programmers, how do you tell if one is on/in it? Also, it has was looks like lift blocks on the rear axle, did they come with them stock or has some one added a small lift? Thanks for the help guys.

John

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Hey John,

Welcome to DodgeTalk and your purchase of your Megacab. I have a Megacab with the Hemi as well. Wanted the CTD but found this one for a heck of a deal.

These trucks don't really get any improvements on cold air intake since these trucks you a MAP type intake. The computer will adjust for the extra incoming air.

Exhaust - Always a good idea to make the truck sound a little bit meaner.

Chances are the truck isn't programmed. I just did a SuperChips on mine and I did the shift schedule on it. WOW!! The truck feels 5X better!! If you have some mod money, I HIGHLY suggest going that way to be your first mod. It's the flat out the best thing you can do to it for the money. These 'MEGAPIGS" don't get good MPG, and I gained 4 with it on mine.

For blocks, you are probably going to have the 3/73 gears in that 10.5 axle.

I did a 3" level kit up front and needed to get 1.5" blocks for the rear. There are '1500' blocks and then there are 2500 blocks.

Right now, get 1500 OUT of your mind. Tell everyone that it's a 2500. Cause it's sitting on a 2500 chassis with 1500 rear spring ratings and a Hemi. ONLY reason it's a 1500. So when you order parts for it, just keep telling people... 2500!!

Here are the blocks I used cause of the difference in pin holes on the blocks. Only thing you have to watch out for.. and that is why I said say 2500..

Attachments

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
You'll need a few more posts, but when you do get those, throw up some pictures of the truck.

There is some important info on them if you haven't been around the 2500s.. like tires and shocks etc..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The truck feels strong and under power is louder than my 2002 Ram 1500 5.9, so how would I tell if it had a programmer on it? About the blocks, it already appears to have some, were there ones that were stock on these trucks? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, a picture is worth 1000 words! That is exactly how it looks. That answers one question.
Now, is there any way to tell if the truck already has a program/chip?

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
This is what I've been trying to see if there is a way.

I don't know if there is a way to see. Most likely it's NOT cause you have a programmer and it's linked to only 1 truck. So if that person got rid of the truck, they'd have to pay $100 to unlock it to use it on another truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, I've been told by some others that I would have to take it to a shop to determine if a programmer has been used on it.

·
catman113
230 Posts
hit the highway,see if it goes over the stock speed rating. I think its 105 on these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.