·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I dunno?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Pinned the topic for you guys. Thanks for providing this good info to our members Clunk. :tup:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Hey guys I have a deep hatred for my 1500 and wanting back in a cummins!! im looking at a 2001 2500 with a freshly rebuild auto. its kind bare bones manual windows and door locks but i can live with that for some C power. What should i look for i know the fuel pressure what else? is the 53 block a issue with this model?

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Hey guys I have a deep hatred for my 1500 and wanting back in a cummins!! im looking at a 2001 2500 with a freshly rebuild auto. its kind bare bones manual windows and door locks but i can live with that for some C power. What should i look for i know the fuel pressure what else? is the 53 block a issue with this model?
possibly, i think the number is in a casting on the driver's side,

and as far as fuel press goes, i think it should be around 12-15 psi at idle, and no less than 7 at WOT

i'm prob wrong on some of this, but Clunk will know all the answers:D

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
your right on the Fuel pressure, I dunno about the 53 block. I let me Turbo Diesel Register membership expire lol I rather have a stick but the price is really right!

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
your right on the Fuel pressure, I dunno about the 53 block. I let me Turbo Diesel Register membership expire lol I rather have a stick but the price is really right!
hey, man, it's yer money, you do what you want w/ it:)

but, if ya wait a lil while, maybe ya could find a six speed fer a better price;)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
yea, 10,000 with 83,000 miles!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I would never find a 6 speed for that.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The number cast on the block, if it's a Brazil block, can be seen on the lower front-side corner of the engine block/drivers side...just above the oilpan.
A fuel pressure test kit is available at most auto parts stores then you can modify it to be your in-cab gauge if you buy the truck.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Thanks on my 02 i had a westach mounted on the dash, still got a genos hose to hook up the sending unit

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
If the Lock-n-Stick is done on the block can you tell?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.