DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
redlines is leting me use his power wire from air ram till he sells it.

and man i can feel the difference.more then i expected.good product :rck:

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Nothing wrong with free stuff!!!!! PM me.....I will be taking mine off when I get all my SCT stuff working correctly and if redlines doesnt give you his.....You can have mine. I believe it's still in working order. It's been on my truck for awhile now, so it still should work . You should tell him the power wire is payment for helping him hook up his wideband!!!!! LOL!!!!! I'll shut up now!!!!! :D I told you to get a chain saw and we could fix this problem (Mr. Moneybags has).......Home Depot run??????

Besides....The way Redlines is modding... your going to need all the help you can get if you run him at the track .......

"I hate to see you go...But I love to watch you leave"
You will be looking at his ass when he blows by.....LOL!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol..he said i could use it till i got a tuner also..but i said to sell it now cause he needs the money(haha yeah right) and i just did the wideband install to see him finally get performance out of his mods and cause i owe him alot of gas money from this weekend

hope i can find money to go to the track friday in san antonio

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
I do appreciate the wideband install, I'm not much for running wires, and I'm glad to have it in.

Like I said man, use the PW until you get a tuner, then sell it.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
LOL... Whats a POWER WIRE?

LOL...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
462 Posts
You guys keep saying to use it until you get a programmer. Should you not use it if you have a programmer? I have my power wire and Superchips in my truck.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
I'm referring to a SCT tuner, with the SCT, its a custom tune so there's no need for the power wire anymore.

I'd still use it if I had superchips.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
With the SUPERCHIPS the POWER WIRE will not give you any additional advance... but it will still add more fuel at WOT... so if your running lean at WOT then the POWER WIRE will help richen you up. Most people who run cams, headers, intakes tend to run a hair lean at WOT... the POWER WIRE can help this problem even when SUPERCHIPS is used.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
462 Posts
Could that be why I'm running so rich? When I dynoed my truck I didn't get any of the a/f ratios, but you could smell it. Plus when the driver let off of the gas in my third gear pull a short burst of flames came out of the turndowns.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I don't understand what that means. Is that good or bad?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
bigramman03 said:
I don't understand what that means. Is that good or bad?
13.1 is pretty lean, so the powerwire helped me richen my air/fuel back down to a 12.8. This means that it was giving it more fuel with the powerwire installed. You would have to know your exact air/fuel ratio to determine if the powerwire was helping or hurting you.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If I know I'm running rich though, wouldn't it be worth a shot to take the Powerwire off and see if that helped?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
bigramman03 said:
If I know I'm running rich though, wouldn't it be worth a shot to take the Powerwire off and see if that helped?
Yes and no. The small difference in power between a 13.1 and a 12.8 isnt going to be felt on the butt dyno. Without knowing your exact air/fuel, I doubt that you would feel the difference.

·
Registered
462 Posts
10-4. I want to get a A/F reader so that I'll know, but I'm not sure what to do about it/how to fix it once I get one.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
SCT is just about finished with some real custom tuning for the 4.7's, so you wont have to worry about anything. You definately want to get a wideband air/fuel gauge because then you can datalog a WOT run and send it to SCT...they will then take the data from that run and adjust your tune to set your air/fuel exactly where it needs to be.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've been following the topics aout the SCT, but I'm not sure about them. Do you think a custom PCM flash would do me any good?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
A custom tune would be GREAT!! There is so much power left on the table it makes me sick to even think about it. They can even go as far as to add timing , set your air/fuel where it needs to be, raise idle, shift points, speed limiter, and the list goes on. I only wish they were closer to being finished on the hemi tuners. I need one BAD!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was leaning towards a B&G custom flash. The reason I like that over the SCT is because I could sell my Superchips to pay for a good part of it and I have a real good friend that he did a flash for and it turned out great. But I'm also not sure because I know Airram had a real bad expierence with him.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.