Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my first time here!!

Came across this site, while doing research on the Dodge 1500 Ram Hemi. I will most likely be purchasing a truck this weekend. I am excited to see such an ACTIVE forum like this.. this shall be fun!! :flippy:

Looking to purchase:

2005 RAM 1500 SLT QUAD CAB 4X2 SWB

Black Clear Coat
Dark Slate Gray / Leather-Trimmed 40/20/40 Bench Seat

5.7L HEMI Magnum V8 Engine
Corporate 9.25 LD Rear Axle
3.92 Axle Ratio
20" x 9.0" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
Sport Appearance Group Package
Trailer Tow Group Package
Sliding Rear Window
34-Gallon Polyethylene Fuel Tank

Above options are of my choice, however I believe I may end up with extras.. which will eventually turn into a Laramie Equipped Truck.

The reason I have decided to purchase a Dodge, other then drooling for the last 2 years, Is I can now enjoy an Affiliate Rewards Discount price of 1% below Dealer purchase price and California rebates of 4,500.00. Since I am getting such a discount.. I have no excuses to not get my dream :D

Any info or cost saving options that some of you have learned, would be greatly appreciated!

Nice to meet you all. :gr_patrio

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
WELCOME TO DODGETALK!

Sounds like a really nice truck you are getting! :rck:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Welcome aboard! As soon as I saw leather seats you might as well look for a Laramie. Good call on the 34g tank ... it is the one thing I would probably change if I ordered my truck again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You, this site is great lookin'!

Yeah, as for the Leather, I believe that's gonna push me into the Laramie Package, even though I really don't need nor desire power seats, seat warmer, and a few other options. Maybe the dealer will toss those things in for free :nutkick: or maybe not :D

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
Well I wont be eating any Taco Bell sour cream any more...

I recommend purchasing the anti-spin differential now. Its a $285 option, but will cost significantly more if installed after the factory. It keeps both wheel spinning rather than just one. Thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
187 Posts
welcome...
sounds like a great truck
Just an FYI..i dont have the Laramie package and I have Leather.
The leather is in the package...
Quad Cab Leather & SUn Value Group $1275
It includes the following
Power Sunroof
Power Drivers Seat
Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat
LEather Wrapped Stearing Wheel
Folding Flat Load Floor Storage
Front Center Seat Cushion Storage
Leather - Trimmed 40/20/40 Bench Seat
Good luck and hope all goes well...

·
Registered
358 Posts
welcome aboard and good luck with your purchase you will not
regret it. you will find a ton of information to help you spend any
extra cash on modding your truck, its an awesome addiction

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome to the site. Yeah good call on the 34 tank. I wished I had now. Its kind of crazy its only a $50 option. But say you wanted one after you got your truck and it will cost over $400. I was told 350 with my Step dads discount. He works for Chrysler.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually selected the anti-spin differential, however I forgot to list that :D

I was looking at the Quad Cab Leather & Sun Value Group, however it seems (at least online) I would have to select the 4x4 instead of the 4x2, I will have to look into that, see if it is available on the 4x2. Sunroof would be a nice option as well!

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Welcome to the board!! You have stumbled onto a mountain of knowledge and alot of good guys here at dt.com!!! We do expect pics once you get it of course :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wanted to be the one to say insist on the 34-gal fuel tank, but I was too late. You'll love the big tank. Some complain it cost more to fill, but it's all the same amount of gas in the end.

Spend the $15 for a locking fuel cap. 34-gallons of 89 octane is a pretty good payday for the opportunist thief.

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
Check out the SLT Quad Cab Big Horn Value Group for $1245.00. It comes with the chrome clad 20's, anti spin rear diff, fog lamps, and a sliding rear window. I could not find this group on the Dodge website when I was online but all of the dealers around Detroit have them in stock. It may only be available in certain areas though. I know you can get the leather/sunroof package in a SLT 4X4 without heated seats, but not sure about the 4X2. Check it out!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Welcome Abord 3Z.... Sounds like you have done your homework. Good luck on the purchase and you MUST post pictures when you drive it home so we can begin the ritual MOD preperation process! Get your wallet ready... we are goona have you ordering mods left and right!

Congrats!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Welcome to DT, you'll find a lot of helpful information on this site and an empty wallet, as have I :D

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Welcome to DT! If you can't get the leather in 2 wheel form, consider buying aftermarket leather seats ALI(Auto Leather inc.) I installed my own for 270 total. I believe quads are like 550. Takes double the time but could save you thousands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know about elsewhere, but there are a bunch of 4x2s on the local lots with the sun value group (i think that's what it's called). Just got my 05 and looked at a bunch of them. If there would have been one with a sport appearance package, i'd have gone with one. Good luck, you are gonna love it.

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
Welcome to the board, I usually browse in the 2G Rams section but I mosey on over here every once in a while to look at all the mistakes dodge made when they switched to the 3G Ram, stop by the 2G Ram section if you want to see some real trucks.

Just kidding guys, I'm sure you'll be happy with that truck, sounds sick, I wish I could afford to get a 3rd Gen Ram, but for now the 2nd will have to do (sucks being 18 and not having a "real" job yet).

-Pat-

·
Registered
562 Posts
Run. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. IT"S NOT TOO LATE - YOU"RE ONLY 3 POSTS IN - THERE'S STILL TIME TO ESCAPE THE DODGETALK VORTEX THAT WILL SUCK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DRY!

err, what I meant to say was, welcome!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Welcome.
Hand over your wallet.
Resistance is futile.

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Welcome aboard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts