DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so... as you guys know my exhaust is a little raspy so i bought a toner to tone down the sound a bit.. I took two videos, 1st one is with my truck straight piped, and 2nd is with the toner on. I personally like the straight pipe sound, it sounds mean and deep and almost like a diesel. The second video sounds like my old exhaust but with less raspy sound to it. I think i may cut my muffler out and just put a piece of pipe and have straight pipe through the toner. I'll be posting videos as soon as there done uploading from youtube. Thanks -kyle-.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its a resonator.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright my mom diden't send me the videos i will post tomorrow i promise!

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
V6 straight pipe'd = Fail IMHO. Sorry but I had a V6 and after I put an exhaust on it I thought to myself "what was I thinking"?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha just wait till i upload the videos dartboy :p Its actually not to bad..

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
I'll be waiting...

·
Registered
33 Posts
well i put a 40 series flow on my truck and its deeper than the 12in glass pack i had and sounds more like a v8 than ever lol jk but really i love it its got the rumble with out the rasp and pops of the straight when i had just cut the stock muffler off:D

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I put cherry bomb exhaust on my v6 and it sounded great! Of course it will never sound as great as a V8 but it is better than nothing! I loved that cherry bomb because you could not hear it well inside the cab when at constant speed. I could bump the tunes and never hear annoying exhaust.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Yeah what happened uppy? You never got the vid up.

·
No Rest for the Wicked
676 Posts
video please Im curious to hear this.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Dang I thought this was the thread where he posted a video, still waiting...

·
Registered
153 Posts
i cut my pipe right after my cat and it actually sounded pretty damn good, a dude in one of those ricer tiburons revved it at me and then i revved back and then he rolled his window up and the next day at school he told my friend who was with me that he didnt wanna mess with my truck, maybe its cuz i got a k&n intake, idk, but mine was pretty damn loud and sounded good

·
Technician/Dodge Fanatic
86 Posts
yeah i drive a 5.9 with just pipes... i know my signature say dumped 50 series but that is false. so far i've:

made an old guy jump out of his seat,
had a girl cover her ears,
had a lady scream at me for scaring the yit outta her,
and i'm pretty sure i got this girl that was sitting in her boyfriends ricer off....

·
No Rest for the Wicked
676 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.