DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to do an exhaust on an 08 6.7. i have done 5.9's before and just wondering what all i am going to need to take off, leave so on. were going with a dpf delete and stacks with no cats. can i put extenders on the o2's? just basically what am i looking at having to remove and replace?

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
you need to have a tuner that replicates the dpf signal to the motor

otherwise, you'll always be in regen, and that'll really f up the motor bad

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im getting ready to put in a H&S DPF/NOX/CAT delete myself. As I understand, you have to install the O2 Sensors in the new pipe, and have a fooler for the pressure sensors. i saw a few places here that said you could use resistors (400ohm i think) to fool the pressure sensors instead of a real fooler box, but im not so sure about that one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
UPDATE: DPF-delete done, relatively simple. The only hard part was getting out the factory down-pipe without removing the tranny crossmember. Ended up taking a sawzall, and ill just weld it together before i get smogged.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think he has ordered an edge juice with attitude and im not gonna have any problems with the tubing itself. its the o2's and all the other crap. can the o2's go right back in or do they need to be put into extenders? which ones is the pressure sensor and did the 400 ohm resister work Fmt662?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The O2 sensors went right back into my DPF delete pipe, and in about the same place, so I had no wiring issues. The delete kit i bought came with boxes that I connected to the 3 temperature sensor wires in place of the temp probes in the dpf.

And the dpf pressure sensor box is attached to the inside of the frame to the right of the transmission, its a little plastic box that is at the end of the pressure lines installed in the DPF. There are little fooler boxes that plug into the connector from that. The boxes are very important because if you dont have them the truck will always be in Regen, and the ECM will put the truck into limp-home mode.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Depends. I got a full kit from PureCummins.com. If you need to get the full kit i WOULDNT recommend their products, they are listed as HS Performance, but the quality of the kit I got was CRAP. If you need the pipes, you might look at HS performance or BADP trucks.
If you have the pipes already but need the boxes, I recommend contacting HS and seeing if you can buy their EGT fooler and pressure fooler boxes separately.
I got my kit from PureCummins.com, and i wouldn't recommend anyone buying from them. They say that they sell HS performance stuff, but the quality was crap, and i highly doubt that it was HS gear. Not only was it 300$ more, but most of the pieces didnt fit without a hammer, alot of filing, and a blowtorch. It also didnt come with a exhaust tip, which is BS. I wish I had checked HS first.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Depends. I got a full kit from PureCummins.com. If you need to get the full kit i WOULDNT recommend their products, they are listed as HS Performance, but the quality of the kit I got was CRAP. If you need the pipes, you might look at HS performance or BADP trucks.
If you have the pipes already but need the boxes, I recommend contacting HS and seeing if you can buy their EGT fooler and pressure fooler boxes separately.
I got my kit from PureCummins.com, and i wouldn't recommend anyone buying from them. They say that they sell HS performance stuff, but the quality was crap, and i highly doubt that it was HS gear. Not only was it 300$ more, but most of the pieces didnt fit without a hammer, alot of filing, and a blowtorch. It also didnt come with a exhaust tip, which is BS. I wish I had checked HS first.
There is some incorrect information here. First off, H&S doesn't build the pipe, Flo-Pro does (they are based in Canada). I purchased the 4" Stage II H&S kit from Rollinsmokediesel (actually bought all my stuff here).

I'm not sure what PureCummins sold you, but I had zero issues with my install.

Secondly, H&S doesn't make a pressure fooler any longer. You simply unplug the pressure sensors and leave them open.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.