DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Well Alright
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plans so far are to run a tru dual exhaust. What I have in mind are Pace Setters from Air Ram, Magnaflow Cats, And Flowmaster 50 mufflers. I'm going to have Meineke install everything and do the pipes for me. Are there any problems that anyone can forsee with a setup like this or anything I should really know about it?

Thanks
-Rob

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
What size pipe.... a lot of people will tell you that the true duals will cost you power.. a lot of people really hate the flowmaters ( I personally LOVE the sound of the 50 series ).... What I will dislilke will be how the pipe will be bent, none of the muffler shops will have a mandrel bender.... another thing, I would put a X pipe in there ( put the 02 sensor in the middle .. if you have an 03 ).... it also really depends on your other mods and how you intend to run your truck.... if you plan on 300+ rear HP I would go to 3 inch but if not 2.5 or 2.25 pipe will be better for you. A 3 inch pipe will cost you some lowend torque and will not be worth it if you are not going to make it up on the big end.
To be sure this will be a personal thing and many here will probably flame my ideas... but I will iinstall a true dual myself and my times will speak for themselves...
the first guy with a Hemi to run in the 13.xxs back in 03 took his exhaust system completely off to run those times but he only ran it that way at the track ( you know it had to throw a lot of codes ) He also used empty coke bottles to put the rear O2 in and never threw a code, few others had the same sucess rate thought.
Good luck on your system, whatever you choose and keep us informed... I personally really want to know...

TJ

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
after having true duals and going to the single 3 inch i can realy tell a difference in power.. the duals gave me constant rev but could feel a low end loss.. now with the single 3 after pacesetters its got full range and hell-a-power above 5000.. if you go true duals go no larger than 2-1/4 pipe and definatly do a x-pipe if you want low end..

·
Well Alright
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I was thinking about going with 3 inch pipes and I have an '04. So I have a few questions to ask now. 1) Do Mandrel really make that big of a difference? 2) Will the O2 sensor in the x-pipe prevent throwing codes because I have heard a few people who bought headers/new cats and it started throwing codes?

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
are you talkin true duals with 3 in?? your truck wont run good like that.. smaller pipes give the backpressure hemi's need.. mandrel bends do flow better but you wouldnt notice a difference..

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
ok guys...I'm about ready to get my Pacestter Lt's installed...with mods I have in my sig, how should I do my exhaust? mind you, I haven't been to the track, my racing experience is street light to street light and on the freeways...it goes without saying that my top end will be improved...i'm hoping to improve low end and mid range... i will also be installing an aps tq verter/shift kit and e-fan. i'm leanin towards a true dual setup with x-pipe dumped (using 2 - clone flow 40's)...if i go this route i'll make sure the dump is 2.25"....i'm very open to suggestions....

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...this is what I'm looking at:

Attachments

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
the one from the sponser exhaust depot looks freaking amazing and if thats what your thinking that thing is going to sound and perform awesome!!!

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...yup, thats the one i think...

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
true duals with a x was my other option because i already had the flows.. i went back to a single 3 inch in and feel a loss in mid-range..

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
06ramhemi said:
true duals with a x was my other option because i already had the flows.. i went back to a single 3 inch in and feel a loss in mid-range..
are you saying you lose mid range with the single in?

·
Registered
240 Posts
What ever you do, make sure you use two 40 series type mufflers.

If you run both manifolds into one 40 then it will be pretty loud and drone alot.

How ever if you have one bank into one 40 muffler then its ideal. I really like the sound and inside the cabin you hardly hear it. The 50 series you will not hear it inside or outside. :)

Joking aside, the 50 is to quite if your doing true duals.

I have some mufflers if you only want those.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Saw the video from Exhaust Depot and that Ram sounded nice as hell. I had my exhaust done 3' stainless into 2 Super 40s and I don't really drive my truck enuff to tell if there is a power loss but it's definitely a head turner.

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
macd53 said:
new to this guys. i'm thinking of getting some flowmastes, etc for my '95 2500 v10. any suggestions?
:D you would probably get a lot more feedback if you posted in the 2nd Gen Ram's section...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.