DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have '01 RAM 2500 (not diesel) and it's going to need a new exhaust system soon. What do you guys recommend? Nothing fancy but I would like a semi quiet ride with a hearty noise at acceleration.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice set up, can it be bolted on without welding?

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Even though they welded it in the pics, it looks like it. The tips have the flanges on them that would accept clamps and such.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
go to youtube and type in dodge ram exhaust and see what floats your boat , and put it on your truck :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Magnaflow and flowmaster sound good on these magnums.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I have a magnaflow 50 (1 in 2 out) on my truck and love it, it is quite on the highway with no drone but has a nice rumble when at a light and when you take off from the light. I really like how it sounds when you first start it up:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just made one myself costed me $75 and it sounds AWESOME. I did 2 1/2" from the cat back no muffler into a 2 1/2" inlet 3' outlet Gibson turn down tip and ran it out the side in front of the passenger rear tire...sounds like a race truck and sets off the car alarms all through the school parking lot. I love it =]

·
Registered
58 Posts
flowmaster makes a 70 series it is meant for apps like yours i.e large engine heavy duty trucks.. if you goto jegs.com and type in 70 series flowmaster you can listen to it and others they offer

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
The magic words that you said were "semi-quiet at idle, with hearty noise at acceleration". I would recommend a Magnaflow system first, then maybe the Flowmaster 70 or 50 series Delta Flow. I personally like the Magnaflow muffler for its quietness and performance, the Flowmasters are generally louder.

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
The magic words that you said were "semi-quiet at idle, with hearty noise at acceleration". I would recommend a Magnaflow system first, then maybe the Flowmaster 70 or 50 series Delta Flow. I personally like the Magnaflow muffler for its quietness and performance, the Flowmasters are generally louder.
I have a Magnaflow SI/DO with a Magnaflow high flow cat. I love the sound of mine. The first clip in that thread is my old set up. A SI/SO Cherry Bomb.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a Gibson exhaust on my truck when I bought it. It was quieter than the maganflows and flowmasters but when you hit the skinny pedal it would have a healthy rumble. Unfortunately that didn't satisfy the sound I wanted so I went with straight pipes after the cat and that is much louder but from what you describe it'd probably be too much.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i have a cutout, that would be too loud for you. I'd recommend a Flowmaster 40, i had one & liked it. I wanted louder so i got a super 44 & dumped it along with headers, then wanted louder so got a cutout. I still want it louder...i think i wanna wake the dead.

I think you'll be happy with a FM 40 muffler

·
moparman505
217 Posts
Still go by what advice I got on here. A single 3" system (mine is a magnaflow high flow cat with a 70 series Flowmaster) will not cost you in lost torque as compared to a true dual system. None of those noisy cracks and backfire like noises. Just a good solid throaty V8 sound through all rpm ranges. When I first installed the MP headers I tried it without the cat and everyone knew when I hit it, just too noisy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.