DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 07 escalades are coming with a 6.2l vortec v8 advertised at 403hp and 417 ft-lbs tq stock. also advertised as 0-60 in 6.5 secs stock. looks like we have some for GM competition on our hands. hopefully the denali truck wont see this engine!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
It will probably make it to the Denali trucks, but it will cost $50,000. Diesel is the way to go - gassers are a thing of the past (in my opinion) performance-wise.

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i agree ive always wanted the mighty diesel i mean the government should love them too considering diesel emissions arent near as bad, get better gas mileage, etc. oo nvm politicians might complain about "how noisy they are" ...stupid old men

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its either the future is in diesel period or companies get the picture and start turbo'ing stock i mean turbo'd gassers get amazing mpg and perform well i dont see why they havent done more turbo cars and even trucks

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Probably because a turbo'd Hemi would have too much power for the average driver. Insurance rates would go up, they'd have to engineer it differently, etc.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I beleive the Denali with the 6.2 is only rated at 380hp not the 403hp like the Escalade. They can't have their top suv dog make the same power as the underdog, lol. They both way a lot more than the Rams though.

BTW, a new Escalade with a chip and CAI took out a QC SRT-10 last week. Also, I saw a vid of a '07 Tahoe with a LS7 500hp from a Corvette that did low 13's but what said to have done 12's.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Eh, the QC SRT-10's are 14 second trucks stock. It's not like that's hard to beat. If they start beating RC SRT-10's, then I'd worry about it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Damn, i think I know my next vehicle!! The denali and excalades are tits!! I had better start saving!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
my boss has an 07 escalade. PLENTY of juice for a gas engine stock. 13mpg comes along with it.

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SRT10KLLR said:
I beleive the Denali with the 6.2 is only rated at 380hp not the 403hp like the Escalade. They can't have their top suv dog make the same power as the underdog, lol. They both way a lot more than the Rams though.

BTW, a new Escalade with a chip and CAI took out a QC SRT-10 last week. Also, I saw a vid of a '07 Tahoe with a LS7 500hp from a Corvette that did low 13's but what said to have done 12's.
well you dont have anything to worry about considering you're getting more horsepower to the rear wheels than they are to the flywheel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.