DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 05 Ram 1500 Hemi not too long ago! Its a very fun car. I have already lowered it 2/4 with stock 20"s and stock tires. Ill have pics later. Forum looks good, i am on several other forums and i am pretty knowledgable for only being 18. I also own a 68' Cougar that is car show material. Pics can be shown if wanted. I have a toyota 4-wheel pickup and a new GT PTCruiser. Love that Turbo! Looking forward to learn alot about the truck as well as have fun. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
"Got an 05 Ram 1500 Hemi not too long ago! Its a very fun car"
"i am pretty knowledgable for only being 18."

Read that statement one more time!

Its a TRUCK!

Just teasing you kid!

I am glad you like it.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
HA! I thought the same thing....second time that has happened to me tonight. Anyway, I was just gonna let it slide. Post some pics of your TRUCK man!!! LOL!

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah sorry about the whole ca....TRUCK thing! here is one pic i have, this is before being lowered, not a real great shot though. Thats my PT Behind it.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Looks awesome! I see you have debadged and changed the grille. Flippin' Sweet!

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, i love the debadged look. I didnt like the black "Honeycomb" style grill so i got the chrome one. All my cars that can be debadged... ARE. I love that clean look. The big ram head is still on the back though. Gotta let people know what just passed them.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
SamCarroll said:
Got an 05 Ram 1500 Hemi not too long ago! Its a very fun car. I have already lowered it 2/4 with stock 20"s and stock tires. Ill have pics later. Forum looks good, i am on several other forums and i am pretty knowledgable for only being 18. I also own a 68' Cougar that is car show material. Pics can be shown if wanted. I have a toyota 4-wheel pickup and a new GT PTCruiser. Love that Turbo! Looking forward to learn alot about the truck as well as have fun. Any suggestions?
Well I see you have been here a while but just now started posting, so welcome to DodgeTalk!

You have a really pretty truck... that color is gorgeous! You are one lucky 18 year old to have all those sweet rides. :)

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah im lucky. Best part of it is that i take care of all of them and dont race. Heres the pics of my other cars (sorry if no one cares)

·
Registered
632 Posts
sorry, i was just curious what do you see in a PT crusier. Someone couldn't pay me to drive one.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
hey bro nice lookin rides welcome to dodge talk

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its cool if you dont like them, people have different opinions. Thats what makes this country great. I like that its fast, can carry all my friends. Compact, i like the "retro" styling. I was used to being in a car. There is a lot of aftermarket parts and things to buy for one. I really liked the Turbo. I love the color. I could go on and on but this isn't really a place to go on and on.

·
AJ Gtz
302 Posts
hmm...i'm 18 and also lucky....but i wish i had a newer body style Ram!..lol...nice vehicles there man...

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, i could have bought my G-Pa's dodge which is just like yours but i passed and then later bought the Cougar. Nice truck yourself. That body style was one of Dodges most popular besides the newest one now.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
ok dude what do you do for a living?? i want your job if you can afford 2 cars and a truck. or do you get help?? i wish that i could have the same as you i have to deal w/ only having a 03 reg cab 4.7L ram to share w/ my wife (and our baby) so i cant even begin to think how you can affod all this stuff. now i am only 24 and work (really hard mind you) for everything that i have. so i am just whating to know how you do it. let us all in on the secrets of your success.

·
HEMI Power
993 Posts
03ramit1 said:
ok dude what do you do for a living?? i want your job if you can afford 2 cars and a truck. or do you get help?? i wish that i could have the same as you i have to deal w/ only having a 03 reg cab 4.7L ram to share w/ my wife (and our baby) so i cant even begin to think how you can affod all this stuff. now i am only 24 and work (really hard mind you) for everything that i have. so i am just whating to know how you do it. let us all in on the secrets of your success.
I was starting to wonder the same myself--Just curious

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
SamCarroll said:
Got an 05 Ram 1500 Hemi not too long ago!
I see you are from Vacaville ... I'm around the corner in Napa. Did you buy at VV Dodge? I got a good deal there on my 01 RAM five years ago, but they burned me big time last year with my wife's Caravan ... so I went to Idaho for my HEMI.

BTW, love the color ... it was my second choice!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
page329 said:
I was starting to wonder the same myself--Just curious
So was I

Back when I was 18 and just out of school (1958 )I was trying to scrape up $$$ for school

Didn't get a car until I was out of college in 58 and that was a 52 Studebacker my BRO bought when he was home on leave from the USAF and gave to me when he went back in

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
When I was 19-20 I had two trucks..... a '93 Dakota Sport with a 318, and a '96 Ram Club Cab with a 360. Miss them both!!! :( :(

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, i am the Core Handler at a very wealthy flooring/options store, Design Select in concord. I manage all the showrooms to make sure thier products are up to date with our core.(list of up to date products). We have about 6 showrooms right now and thier all throught the East Bay. Since i am still in High School (Graduate June 10th) I can only work after school. Thankfully i have 5 of 6 classes which allows me to go home and change then go to work. I work about 5-6 hours a day. I work some weekends but mostly just M-F. My dad is my manager so im very lucky i got the job. I hate it when people whine about how i got there.

My parents pay my insurance until i get out of school. But i have a deal that if my GPA drops below 3.5 i have to pay. Fair deal if you ask me. I pay for gas so i fill one up each week, drive it till its about empty then switch cars and not have to fill up for a month! My neighbors dont like how many cars we have but thankfully we live on a corner so we park down the side street and give the neighbors the front of the house on the street. The Cougar, Toyota are paid off so i only have a few car payments.

Yes we bought from Vacaville Dodge. Good service, I got my PT through them as well. Erik Aherns is who we got and hes a great salesman. Worked with us instead of against us. He also made the dealership service area change out my windshield and paint my A,B pillars on the PT TWICE.(First time didnt meet his expectations) I like Napa. Been there alot. I get off the exit before napa on 680 at cordelia.

Sorry i rambled

·
Registered
259 Posts
hemi_power87 said:
sorry, i was just curious what do you see in a PT crusier. Someone couldn't pay me to drive one.
I am stuck driving one for 2 days while my new parts are getting painted. It was that or a mini van which was a big NO! To make it worse, its gold, it makes me feel like I am 90. I also feel like a giant in it, the inside seems so small. I miss my truck already and its only been gone for 4.5 hours!

Andrew

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.