Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHALLENGER!!!???

Just viewed on another board that Dodge applied for a trademark for CHALLENGER... its on the US patent office's website as well. Submitted April 12, 2005.

tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=iu8o59.2.6[/url]

Looks like we may get a 2 door Challenger in the lineup!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I heard it was actually going to be an SUV.. Something a little bigger than the Durango.. but smaller than Chevy's Suburban

·
Registered
49 Posts
They better not make it an SUV. That would suck

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Deucedobe said:
CHALLENGER!!!???

Just viewed on another board that Dodge applied for a trademark for CHALLENGER... its on the US patent office's website as well. Submitted April 12, 2005.

tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=iu8o59.2.6[/url]

Looks like we may get a 2 door Challenger in the lineup!
Yes, the trademark was one of two vintage Chrysler Corporation nameplates recently filed. The other was Imperial.

Rumor has it the Challenger is (loosely speaking) the Stratus coupe replacement, a Ford Mustang-sized RWD coupe. Of course it would have to be Hemi-powered. :)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
cal_gecko said:
I heard it was actually going to be an SUV.. Something a little bigger than the Durango.. but smaller than Chevy's Suburban
There will be a new compact Dodge SUV going on sale this fall. IT's based on the Jeep Liberty, and it's called the Nitro. Pics are in the press release forum.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats good to hear. Its nice to know that the muscle cars are coming back.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
From what Deiter was saying they will not build a 2 door car.
I sure hope he changes his mind when he looks at new mustang sales.

·
Registered
75 Posts
that is a cool picture really. I would like to see something like that.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Need more cowbell!! And more info on a 2 door hemi! :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
hemi_dakota94 said:
Need more cowbell!! And more info on a 2 door hemi! :D

:D

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
I got a feeva! And the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
six pack said:
From what Deiter was saying they will not build a 2 door car.
I sure hope he changes his mind when he looks at new mustang sales.
Trevor Creed, Chrysler's chief designer, kept saying that too. Although lately he has been quiet about it. I think they want to do a two-door but they needed to get the "bread and butter" models out first when the company was struggling and didnt have the cash to do everything all at once. I kinda think that comment by Trevor Creed was made to give them some cover under which to work on a car that nobody is expecting. And I keep hearing from insiders that the car is a new Challenger. We can only hope right??? :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hope that someone builds a damn 2 door coupe that will go against the GTO. I love the GTO's motor, but I want to see something with a more classic style.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Even better. Chrysler has always had a good hold on the convertible markaet, so why not a 2-door CONVERTIBLE Hemi challenger. I wanna smoke someone with the top down.

·
Oh yeah, it's a Cummins!
237 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Trevor Creed, Chrysler's chief designer, kept saying that too. Although lately he has been quiet about it. I think they want to do a two-door but they needed to get the "bread and butter" models out first when the company was struggling and didnt have the cash to do everything all at once. I kinda think that comment by Trevor Creed was made to give them some cover under which to work on a car that nobody is expecting. And I keep hearing from insiders that the car is a new Challenger. We can only hope right??? :cool:
Just what are the insiders telling you? Give us some details!!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
GMconvert said:
Just what are the insiders telling you? Give us some details!!
They aren't saying much.;)

Everything I know, I've already said! You can be sure if I hear anything else, it will be posted somewhere on DT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.