DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't seen the newer style 3rd gen dash painted on here (with texture) so I thought I would try having it done. I think it looks pretty good. I was also thinking of putting one of the MRK group silver overlays around the radio (my original dash had it I kind of liked it)
I will be doing the interior door spears in inferno red next. :D

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Looks good! Did mine a while back. Also did my door spears and my overhead

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
looks nice

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
Yeah I did that to mine in the summer and I love it except its in Brilliant Black Pearl and collects alot of dust

·
Getting my life back!
944 Posts
looks great! the only thing i'd worry about is since it still has the texture that it would peel easier if it gets hit

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks great! the only thing i'd worry about is since it still has the texture that it would peel easier if it gets hit
Yes, I guess we will see, if it does chip I have my original. :D

how did u do the texture part did u sand it or just spray it?
I had it done at the body shop where they did my grill. No sanding, just sprayed with an adhesive promoter and painted like any other body part.

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
painted dash thats just crazy:D

i cant see the pics right now i'm at school here is mine smoothed whjat kind of paint did you use?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know what kind they used, just standard auto body paint and then clear. Your dash looks really good man I didn't go to that extent. I'm very pleased with the texture tho it looks better than I imagined. I see you keep lots of candy on hand too. Nice. :D

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
I don't know what kind they used, just standard auto body paint and then clear. Your dash looks really good man I didn't go to that extent. I'm very pleased with the texture tho it looks better than I imagined. I see you keep lots of candy on hand too. Nice. :D

yea i have a sweet tooth :D yea it was way to much work to do all at once i will most deff pay someone to do my dash next time

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
How does that center part of the dash come off? I was looking the other day but did not want to break something.....I am replacing the head unit soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks bueno man:tup:
Thanks! :D

How does that center part of the dash come off? I was looking the other day but did not want to break something.....I am replacing the head unit soon. Thanks.
2 screws in the cup holder area. If you have the drop down cup holders they are different than mine and they will be taken apart differnetly but the screw will be in the same place. They screw directly up into the bottom of the dash. Then just pull the dash off, start in the by the gauge cluster, work down, across the bottom, back up the passenger side. Hope that helps.

sweet!!!!.....where in SC are you loacted?
Seneca area. :)

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
Lol I would've done it myself but I didn't know where to get the paint to match. Yours looks good. :tup: Very professional.
wow i can see the pics now it looks good man and :secret2:MRK products are the SH!! i still got one that i need to put in my gauge bezel but i'm scared to take it apart :eek:

but they do look good and save alot of time sanding

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,426 Posts
i would love to do this but the interior of mine is already gray...just like the outside. way way too much gray in the interior for me. wish it was black

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.