DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my thoughts and some pics of my new exhaust I had installed on my '06 RC/SB Hemi last Friday. I had it done at Kinney's Muffler Shop in Bedford,TX. First this place was pretty unbelievable as far as selection and service. They had in store displays for Corsa, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, IMCO and Flopro which included just about each muffler configuration from each manufactuer as well as tips and X and Y Pipes. They also make there own tips. In addition to that they had catalogs with almost any vehicle you could think of with all kinds of exhaust configurations as well as a DVD that contained exhaust sound clips on dodge hemi's with flopro, magnaflow and flowmaster. This took out the guesswork of how something would sound or what it would look like on my vehicle. After about 40min I decided and the magnaflow(Don't have the part #) with the 24in body DI/DO with built in X Pipe and 2 1/4in piping. I then selected two corsa tips and had them turned down at the back bumper(pretty unique look for here in Tyler,TX). The guy who built my system was Kirk who is the owner and he did a wonderful job and was one of the niciest and easiest guys to deal with. I had avoided a dual set up like this in the past because I feared loosing low end. However, that turned out not to be the case at all and the mid range I picked up was very surprising. On top of that it was just the sound I was looking for. Very mild at idle and cruising but very meaty when necessary. It also almost undetectable when MDS kicks in. Anyway, if your in the DFW area or a little further(I drove about 2hrs from Tyler) stop in at Kinney's and check out some of there work.

Attachments

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
that looks real nice man, that shop took very good care of you

·
Registered
521 Posts
That looks really nice, also good idea with the tips pointed down.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That looks real good with the tips pointed down. Good job.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys. Now it's time for me to get my 4.56's put in. I don't think this is ever gonna end. Later.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I agree it looks great and I have heard people say good stuff about that shop. I think Airram has touted them before. Glad to see you got taken care of man. :tup:

KB

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
well dont plan on stopping till the truck goes kaboom. i know thats how i am?

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
txnolebd said:
Thanks for the comments guys. Now it's time for me to get my 4.56's put in. I don't think this is ever gonna end. Later.
haha its only just begun. My first mod was just a magnaflow muffler then it was tinted windows and now look how big the mods list is 10k later. And there is no end in sight. :D

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
nice exhaust setup...I've seen an exhaust tip setup like that here in Cali and thought that was pretty unique and cool lookin!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That looks slick!!

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
my dad's business is in tyler. i drive there frequently. maybe ill see you sometime

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Looks good man.....can you get some sound clips?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lpfan4life85 said:
Looks good man.....can you get some sound clips?
I'm gonna try and get that done either this weekend or over the thanksgiving holidays.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
crisbruyere said:
my dad's business is in tyler. i drive there frequently. maybe ill see you sometime
Sounds good...I used to live in Longview myself for about a year and a half back in '00-'01....Really liked it there I thought even though it was about the same size as Tyler it was more laid back....On a different note, have you heard of Pellet Performance? I have talked to them a few times about putting some gears in for me.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
Thats awesome man sick set up i may just do that to mine too!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Looks awsome!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks good..they did a nice job! How much did they charge ? If I leave Minnesota tonight, can I get there by Saturday morning..lol..?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hylight said:
Looks good..they did a nice job! How much did they charge ? If I leave Minnesota tonight, can I get there by Saturday morning..lol..?
Yea that would be one hell of a drive....lol.....The set up was $425.00 plus whatever you want to spend on the tips which you know can vary greatly....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.