DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im tired of everything that has to do with a 4.7 getting moved in a little 4.7 only closet...its for everyone that likes performance.

i just installed my new cams and did a vid of the first startup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GlqCk5lvUY

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh its been spun haha!

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
sounds great man. I agree w/ ya. Whatever motor it is whether its a 4.7 or hemi or bigger stroker motor it should ALL be put in the 3rd gen performance section. It gives everyone ideas & lets everybody see what everybody else is doing. Everybody is friends for the most part on here & just like to chat w/ everyone else. Performance is performance is performance is performance no matter what motor & everybody should get their chance to have their shining moment. I always forget about the 4.7 thread so I'm never over there. I say bring everything to this section. If ya dont like it dont click on it. With that being said shouldnt that rule apply to the stroker guys. To me the stroker motors are not the 3rd gen hemi's. Shouldnt they have their own section. To me the fastest 1/4 hemi guys on this site is Ray, then me, then Jay & Sam. In my head once you do a stroker your out the running for the fastest hemi. Thats a whole new section to me b/c thats a whole new motor. Dont get me wrong I have nothing but respect for all the stroker guys but thats not the same catagory as the regular hemi guys. Gadier, Brad & hemidup is a whole new catagory. Ya see how the 4.7 rule works now lol. Its should be all one thing

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
see that is my opinion as well...its nice to have EVERYONES opinions and logic...not just a handful of performance 4.7 guys. and lately ANY post i post about my truck gets moved to the bullpen

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
I feel for ya man. Your obviously dt's redheaded step child. lol I'd feel a little p'od for them not giving you the chance to share your hard work, time & money w/ everyone else if I had a 4.7

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have to keep quiet ;)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hows the overall butt dyno feel of it? I did the HO cam swap on a 2001 durango back in the day. I felt alot more trq in the 2k-2.8k range. It was a great mod for a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Sounds mean!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Wow man that thing sounds wicked mean!

2,395 Posts
i have to keep quiet ;)
I don't. LOL. Won't have this truck for much longer anyways.
I think it's crap that there are a few guys that everyone swings from their nuts. And they can post kill stories, track times, what they ate this morning, etc...and it all stays in the "performance" section or where ever they posted it...I'm not naming names b/c it's not like it's their fault.
But, it's always got under my skin that different rules apply for different ppl.

Had A LOT more to say, but i'll keep it at that. I hope this doesn't ruin your thread, get it off subject too bad, get it moved, or anything. Just guess i felt like posting...

Maybe we'll run them when we meet up in a couple weeks and show everyone that your truck is worthy and can take down a Hemi. LOL
But this will be the ONLY time you'd be able to beat my truck so you better take my offer. HAHA

Oh and the truck sounds AWSOME!!

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
wicked mean is a understatement! what kind of exhaust you running :D

BTW whats does he whisper about a "conversation" at 00:32

i hope the exhaust fumes didnt affect you any... that was quite random haha

2,395 Posts
wicked mean is a understatement! what kind of exhaust you running :D

BTW whats does he whisper about a "conversation" at 00:32

i hope the exhaust fumes didnt affect you any... that was quite random haha
I wasn't gonna say anything...but yea that was random!! :thatfunny

·
15,904 Posts
The 4.7 guys wanted a 4.7 section....we said yes....now you don't want it. That's fine....I will see if we can just go back to lumping everything into the 3G performance section.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
sounds nice, im thinking about 206 or 212 in my dak. still undecided. but your truck sound really good.

·
SRT-8 Dakota
347 Posts
What are you running for exhaust? That thing sounds mean. Can you post some vids of you rapin on it alittle bit as well as a drive by. Of course once its all broke in and what not.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Who was it that wanted the 4.7 performance section if it wasn't you guys?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.