DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 2 weeks ago i ordered SSBC's Front Short Stop Slotted Rotor Upgrade Kit, which also come with hawk performance pads. I promised a review of how they would perform after i had finished installing them, and i would compare them to the original rotor and bosh ceramic pads i was using. So far so Good. My stopping has become better, and the brakes seem to grab harder. The most noticeable difference is at high speeds, if i was going over 50, and tried stopping fast, my rotors would heat up, and the pad almost weakened as the truck got slower. I tested the new kit by going 60, and holding the brakes down hard, it was a firm and constant braking power, that locked the front wheels(not at 60 of course). The last time i was able to lock my front wheels on dry pavement was when the truck had the factory tire size. I think the slotted rotors look cool, and help it stop over what i was using before. i can't tell with brake dust yet, but so far my wheels are still clean. It's a good thing i had the kit installed yesterday, because on my way back home, i almost kit a mercedes on the expressway. It was raining out, and it was one of those things were traffic is just croozing, and then hits a dead stop. I wasnt paying much attention until i slammed on my brakes, and watched myself slide about a inch from his bumper. I would reccommned this kit to anyone who is looking for a better braking system. It's a good improvemnt, but dont expect to stop like a car, remember you still have a 7,000lb truck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.