DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen the new Body Kit being offered by John Mercedes ? Its based off of the Stampede kit, and its been brought up on dakota-durango.com, but I havent seen any threads for it here. Theres also been a debate about the price, its not a cheaply made kit, its high quality, so its a bit pricey. Its made out of fiberglass, and it comes with all side skirts and even a roll pan. The bumper cover was not created because so many people out there already have bumper covers, its a way to promote individuality, however, I believe one is being released at a later date.

See what you think.

~CYCLONE_06

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
the stampede kit you probly know that is a dealer item u can order from your local dealer. i have a 03 dakota stampede with the factory kit no roll pan though.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
WOW! I'm glad you provided this information. I really want to know any information you can provide me on this kit PLEASE as fas as contact info, are individual pieces sold individually, etc? the reason why I ask is because, I noticed that the rear lower pieces wraps around the corners and goes underneath the roll pan. Are those one piece or is it a separate piece? If the Dimentions are the same from the Stampede kit and those are separate...I only need those pieces to make what I have been looking for since 2003 complete. So, yea....PLEASE provide me any info you can get!!! Thanks a bunch!!! :rck:

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Please look at the white arrow to see what I am talking about why I want those pieces real bad...if they are dimentionally the same and are available individually. If all are available as exactly as I wish...that would be awsome. I know that it's hard to see. You can at least see something of what I am talking about.

Attachments

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
You know, I was looking at rear of that red truck again. It appears that those pieces I desire the most, looks like they are one piece with the bumper. Please I hope not!

·
Registered
66 Posts
stampede kit

The Kit That Came With My Truck Comes With Wheel Flares,front Air Dame With Fog Lights,ground Kit Roll Bars And Bedside Rails, I Added Vent Shades Side Window Louvers Third Brake Light And Euro Tail Lights Going To Add Roll Pan. Mine Is A 4.7l 5spd Auto With 3:55 Lsp No Modes Yet

·
Registered
66 Posts
I Was Told That There Is Limited Parts Available From The Dealer That I Bought My Truck From. I'm Not Sure If U Can Buy Individual Pieces Or Not

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys the kit I showed you was molded from the Stampede kit, however it is not the Stampede kit itself. AP, the pieces you are pointing at, I also do not know if those can be acquired seperately, as those are the only two pieces I need. I helped develop this kit, but Im not sure how the finalized version is available. Im not sure if it comes in individual pieces or not. However, the man selling it, is John Mercedes. His e mail is :

[email protected]

Tell him Wayne from Maryland sent you.

~CYCLONE_06

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
looks like sh*t, as does the Stampede kit. I'm sure it'll be a hit with the ricer crowd though. The GSM kit looks much better, because it is subtle. The back end looks especially sh*tty.

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The GSM kit is more subtle, if you really wanna call it a kit. Anyone can cover an inch spot weld, then charge $300 + for it. Im sure someone will buy them. Me, knowing what GSM is, and what they do to customers, and how they half ass all their parts... Im not interested in anything they have to offer.

~CYCLONE_06

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Buzzbass said:
looks like sh*t, as does the Stampede kit. I'm sure it'll be a hit with the ricer crowd though. The GSM kit looks much better, because it is subtle. The back end looks especially sh*tty.

You know what Buzzbass, It's kinda nice as yourself as a Dakota owner to dog the rest of us :VHOT: Why would you think that these kits are something that would be a hit with the ricer crowd? Not everyone in todays society is in the ricer crowd and ever have any intentions to modify their truck to look like one. It may look like it through your eyes! I bought my truck because it was the first time that Chrysler offered a unique ground effect package on a Dakota. I found it pretty cool! As a matter of fact, I had over 180 people in a hours time at Mopar Nationals asking me where I got my ground effects at. I told them and they were surprised. I am happy with my truck and it make me feel good to see other Mopar nuts to give me the thumbs up for having a neat looking truck. Unlike you and some other Dakota owners have to dog us. I verified this through other websites and the majority of them are R/T owners. I don't understand why you guys dog us so bad! I am just as proud of my truck and any other Dakota owner out there V6 or V8 and R/T owners also. I feel bad enough because I can't join any Dakota R/T club because of what I have. There is no club for Stampede owners that I know of. If it doesn't say R/T on our trucks then we are at the bottom of the ocean we're just plain shit to you guys! An R/T would of been the first thing I would of had ordered. I would of had a R/T but funds were limited. I'm sure it wasn't much more cost wise but, trying to help my father pay medical bills from a mother dying of breast cancer made things hard. Just as matter of fact, the day I got my truck in I drove it over to my parents and my mom looked at my truck and smiled at me...as which is an image that I will never forget! A week later she passed away. So, I am very f***ing proud of my truck and how it looks!

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
Condolences to you for your family health problems. I feel for you. I drove my mom home in my new R/T after spending 6 wks in ICU, so I feel for ya'. That being said. You don't have an R/T, because you didn't do your research. You probably could have had one for what you paid, by just shopping around. It's not like you bought a stripper Dakota. And, you can have a low milage used one for way cheap, because their resale value sucks.

I don't look down on your truck becuase it's not an R/T. I could care less. I don't like it with the body kit on it, period. The color is great though. We have Stampede and non-Stampede members in our club, it's a taste thing. And sorry, but most people don't like the stampede kit. It looks added on, like most of the import kits today. If you like it, great. I don't. Jesus Christ, get the sand out of your Vag. Oh, by the way, non-R/T owners are allowed to join the R/T club now. There were quite a few at the last nats. So stop crying and get active, if it means that much to you.

As far as the other guy goes, I hate GSM too. I have their side skirts & header/exhaust system. The side skirts are now available from another vendor, FYI. All my GSM parts have been perfect for me, except for the cheap ass $200 "ceramic" coating that peeled off the headers in sheets. That's why I hate them now. A little trip to Jet hot fixed that though. I just used them as an example of something that looks better. I'm in no way endorsing them as a company. And it still doen't change the fact that the back of this kit,IMO, looks like shit. The side pieces don't match the rollpan (which looks just like a street scene genII, by the way). It's not a clean look. The entire kit is too over the top. IMO & YMMV

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, I keep hearing they are available from another vender, but have yet to see anyone show me who.

Also, why dont you go to John M and get some full length long tube headers ? They are the real deal, and are coated by Jet Hot, not the cheap stuff.

As for the kits rear end, its not as flush as it could be, I agree, but it looks better with the roll pan and the two pieces that fold under the rear, than it would without them. The thing about the Stampede kit is, it was designed to flow with the Stock rear bumper and not a lot of guys keep the rear bumper, so when its removed to be replaced with a roll pan, it appears to hang too low, and its too bulky. Personally, I think the ideal kit would be stampede side skirts, GSM rear skirts, then either a bumper or rear roll pan.

~CYCLONE_06

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
CYCLONE_06 said:
Yea, I keep hearing they are available from another vender, but have yet to see anyone show me who.

Also, why dont you go to John M and get some full length long tube headers ? They are the real deal, and are coated by Jet Hot, not the cheap stuff.

As for the kits rear end, its not as flush as it could be, I agree, but it looks better with the roll pan and the two pieces that fold under the rear, than it would without them. The thing about the Stampede kit is, it was designed to flow with the Stock rear bumper and not a lot of guys keep the rear bumper, so when its removed to be replaced with a roll pan, it appears to hang too low, and its too bulky. Personally, I think the ideal kit would be stampede side skirts, GSM rear skirts, then either a bumper or rear roll pan.

~CYCLONE_06
Come to the discussion group on Delphi. forums.delphiforums.com/dakotart There's a guy on there named Todd, who used to be a partner in GSM until Scott screwed him. Anyway, he's re-selling that body kit, since GSM isn't doing them anymore.

I may do John's headers in the future. Right now I have a lot into these, and I doubt my truck will outgrow them anytime soon. But I may in the future. I know anything from him is good, and that he can be trusted. I get about 1/2 of my stuff from him now. Great guy.

There's a guy on dakota-durango.com that did that exact same combo, with the GSM rear parts. It did look way better that way.

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea... I thought Todd was the guy, but I dunno... they might say they arent friends, but those guys are snakes, i still wouldnt trust either one of them.

Id like to find something for my dads quad cab, but no companies make anything for the quad cab..

~CYCLONE_06

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
Scott screwed Todd out of his piece if GSM, nuff said. Todd is a good guy to deal with and can definitely be trusted. Again, 'nuff said. Why couldn't you get the pieces and stretch them. they're just fibergalss, shouldn't be too hard.

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The spot welds on the quad cabs are a bit different. Youd have to look under them to see what im talking about.

How much is Todd selling them for now ?

~CYCLONE_06

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
I had a QC, so I know what you mean,. I don't know what he's getting for them now. Come over to Delphi and find out

·
Registered
267 Posts
KEN NICKERSON said:
THEY ARE SEPERATE PIECES .THEY END AT THE END OF THE BOX,THEY SHOULD MATCH UP WITH THE ROLL PAN

I agree with Ken. It looks like they are seperate pieces. There is a noticable seam at the rear.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.