DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran both days of the ET bracket series this weekend. Lost in the second round both days too. :mad: Saturday I got my ass handed to me by a sandbagger, and today I red-lit. Only good thing was I dropped quite a bit off my et's. Here's my best timeslip.
Temp: ~50deg.
Elev: 632ft

R/T............ .098 (Best of .016)
60ft........... 2.033 (Best of 2.025)
330ft......... 5.876
1/8............ 9.059 (Best of 9.03)
MPH........... 76.59
1000.......... 11.849
1/4............ 14.210
MPH........... 95.59

Ran open headers w/ turndowns on the collectors, no air filter in stock box, no front sway bar, no tailgate, no spare, 1/4 tank of gas, weighing in at 4680. Foot-brake launch at 2k rpm.

·
Registered
480 Posts
GspySderT said:
Ran both days of the ET bracket series this weekend. Lost in the second round both days too. :mad: Saturday I got my ass handed to me by a sandbagger, and today I red-lit. Only good thing was I dropped quite a bit off my et's. Here's my best timeslip.

330ft......... 5.876
MPH........... 76.59
1000.......... 11.849
1/4............ 14.210
MPH........... 95.59

Ran open headers w/ turndowns on the collectors, no air filter in stock box, no front sway bar, no tailgate, no spare, 1/4 tank of gas, weighing in at 4680. Foot-brake launch at 2k rpm.

looking good nice times just think if you had a 03 truck with the tmr mod you would of ran 13.8s

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Very nice track time!! I have a little bit of work to
do to get those numbers.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
GspySderT said:

330ft......... 5.876
MPH........... 76.59
1000.......... 11.849
1/4............ 14.210
MPH........... 95.59

Thats a great time. Do you have any kind of ram air scoop running to your airbox?? If not, try adding a 4" dryer vent from your foglight hole to your airbox...you should see a nice gain with this mod if you haven't done it already.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
mjfikac said:
Thats a great time. Do you have any kind of ram air scoop running to your airbox?? If not, try adding a 4" dryer vent from your foglight hole to your airbox...you should see a nice gain with this mod if you haven't done it already.
Not a whole lot of room to do that mod.

·
Registered
480 Posts
99RAMMAN said:
Not a whole lot of room to do that mod.
sure there is room several have done it with good gains.....it's worth the extra $7 bucks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
h777 said:
sure there is room several have done it with good gains.....it's worth the extra $7 bucks
Like to see some pics. They would have had to
remove the spout on the air box.

·
Registered
480 Posts
99RAMMAN said:
Like to see some pics. They would have had to
remove the spout on the air box.

spout removes very easy i dont have any pictures but you can find some truck guys on dtw that has done the same .....i did mine 2 years ago it's a cheap mod that works well for only $7 bucks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
h777 said:
spout removes very easy i dont have any pictures but you can find some truck guys on dtw that has done the same .....i did mine 2 years ago it's a cheap mod that works well for only $7 bucks
I have fog lights so I don't know where I could
run the tubing.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I have foglights also, so you would have to run something more like my setup. I run the same 4" dryer hose to an actual dryer vent that you would mount outside your house. I connect the vent to the hose, and mount the vent under my bumper. I then attach the other end of the hose to my intake tube...without a filter. This is a track setup only. I dropped .3 in the 1/8 and picked up almost 4mph with this mod.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
mjfikac said:
I have foglights also, so you would have to run something more like my setup. I run the same 4" dryer hose to an actual dryer vent that you would mount outside your house. I connect the vent to the hose, and mount the vent under my bumper. I then attach the other end of the hose to my intake tube...without a filter. This is a track setup only. I dropped .3 in the 1/8 and picked up almost 4mph with this mod.
I don't think I would ever run it without a filter. Their are
just as many large bugs at the track as their are
the steets. Sure, your only running without it for
a short duration of time but I still would not do it.
Have any pics of your set up? How much of those
gains are from just not using any filter vs. actual
ram air induction increases.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Those gains are from the ram air because i was running without a filter when I did my baseline runs. Let me find those pics af Ram4Pick's setup. I think you will like what he has done. It sounds like it is more of what you are looking for.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I already have a tube going down off the stock airbox that I made out of 4" steel tubing. Since I got the fogs, I took off the rest of the "ram air" setup I made off. Thanks for the compliments guys, its gettin there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Thanks for all the info. So the forced air doesn't
cause havoc with the Hemi PCM? Especially the
the 04,05 Hemi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.