DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally found a good deal on a leftover '07 PW. I should be taking delivery in a few weeks. I'm sad to see my '03 CTD dually going but, believe it or not, the new PW will be a bit more family friendly. The wife won't drive the dually because the rear is too big and it's too long but the PW is just enough for her driving abilities (she drove my old '00 2500 diesel without hitting anything :D ). I will miss the 6-shooter and the grunt and roar of the Cummins but I'm sure I will grow to truely love the new truck.
It's a patriot blue with leather interior, sun roof, power rear slider, 6 disk Infinity system, dual climate controls, heated seats (my brother asked what the he11 I'll do with them in GA!), and the auto tranny :bawl: but I'm sure I'll get use to it plus I always hear how much better it is wheeling with an auto as opposed to a standard. If it isn't, don't tell me because I'll be upset and it will make it tougher for me to convince myself of that.
Anyway, with the new baby and my wife sometimes needing the truck when I'm deployed, this decision was pretty easy. The big bonus is that I will soon be the proud owner of the baddest arsed truck on/off the road. Now I'm looking forward to my 3 month old boy to get older so we can go on some camping excusions.

· Code Red
2,694 Posts
Congratulations!! They really are amazing off-road. You'll really enjoy it. I've wheeled both autos and sticks, and each of them have their advantages and disadvantages. I wouldn't say one is better than the other.

· Registered
2,110 Posts
Finally another blue PW!.. The parts counter guys here told me that mine was "Atlantic Blue" , however. Does it come in two shades of blue? Oh ya, I'll never own another manual tranny, the older I get, the more I appriciate stuff like auto transmissions, etc..... :D

· 2005 POWER WAGON #0415
97 Posts
I know what you mean , my wife and I are expecting twin boys next month. I never realized that my dream truck was also family friendly. I am glad i got rid of my F150 with 8 inches of lift and 38 inch tires.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
packraftnm said:
Finally another blue PW!.. The parts counter guys here told me that mine was "Atlantic Blue" , however. Does it come in two shades of blue? Oh ya, I'll never own another manual tranny, the older I get, the more I appriciate stuff like auto transmissions, etc..... :D
I like the Atlantic blue but never saw it on a PW. As a matter of fact, the only PW I saw in person was a white one some guy has running around town. My current truck color is the Patriot Blue Pearl, the same color as the new PW I am getting. If I could figure out how to insert a saved pic I'd show the outgoing girl and the incoming one.

· Registered
2,110 Posts
If it's the darker, more metallic blue I'm jealous! I actually wanted red or black, but I got a pretty good deal on this one, couldn't pass it up.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
packraftnm said:
If it's the darker, more metallic blue I'm jealous! I actually wanted red or black, but I got a pretty good deal on this one, couldn't pass it up.
I still can't figure how to make my own gallery show it shows under my screen name but if you look in the 3rd Gen gallery under "Original Junior" you'll see my old truck and the new one. Both of which are the darker patriot blue.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah ha! Thanks. Old truck & new PW to come.

Attachments

· Code Red
2,694 Posts
Nice... Bet you can't wait. Remember, lockers only work in 4-lo. Sometimes they take a bit to lock in. The more you use the lockers, the faster they lock. Other than that, wait at least 24 hours before putting any dents in it. Right Packraft? <grin>

· Registered
819 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome to the PW family, I guarantee you will love the truck, especially off-road. My last truck was a 5 speed manual, and it was tough for me to give up the third pedal as well, but to be honest I love it. I feel that the auto is better in most offroad situations, and in low range there is plenty of engine braking if you put the trans in first. I'm sure you will be happy.

...love that color, my only suggestion would be to lose that pinstripe.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
shep21 said:
...love that color, my only suggestion would be to lose that pinstripe.
Yeah, I never been much of a pinstripe kind of guy but I got to tell you, I actually like it. I don't know if it just helps to set it apart from my dually, or I'm getting old, but it has really grown on me the more I look at it. Time will tell but I realize that I have to take it off sooner than later if I don't want to end up "brighter looking" paint under the removed stripes compared to duller, sun beaten paint on the rest of the truck.

· Registered
819 Posts
lol...yea the which ever way you decide to go, I would do it within the first few months.

· 2005 POWER WAGON #0415
97 Posts
I am not a pinstripe guy either, but I like the way it looks on that truck. I have never seen another PW with a stripe, and I like it on that blue. Just my 2 cents

· Code Red
2,694 Posts
I wasn't much of a pinstripe guy, but my '05 1500 had them and I liked them. My PW doesn't. I think they look good on yours.

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all. I'm counting down the days. I wish I was rich because I feel like I'm giving up a good friend in my 03 dually. I still feel that way about the 00 2500 the dually replaced. Every time I pass a 2500 in the two tone tan with grey bottom I look to see if it is her. Weird huh? I'm already looking at replacing the stock muffler with an aero 3030 and dumping it in front of the rear axle. I'm sure I'll quickly grow to love this girl too.
Funny how I rarely think lovingly towards my old 97 F-150 that I got rid of to get the 00 2500 diesel. I guess it's the soul of a Mopar that has me hooked. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.