DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATS Diesel Performance has a new turbo out called the Aurora MST. This thing looks bada$$, it is a big turbo but the exhaust housing has a special valve that allows it to spool up quick like a small turbo but once that valve opens you get extreme boost and power like a large turbo, basically it is like having twin turbos without the extra cost and maintenance of twins. At least thats my take on it, but I need to prepare for it first, with a southbend race clutch, and higher flowing exhaust system, as well as head studs and fuel management.

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's called a VNT, or Variable Nozzle Turbo the technology has been around for a while it was used on the old Turbo IV motors. It's an awesome idea, but I'd just rather get one big honking turbo and run insane boost numbers.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Insane amounts of boost aren't always good. You can make more power with less boost if your system is more efficient.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I know, I'm aware of the intricancies of a turbo, I come from the 4-cylinder performance world where the only way to make power is turbo or nitrous.

·
Registered
842 Posts
LOL Rice sucks.. You definately need pwer adders when your bottle of pop exceeds the cc of the motor in your car!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Mine didn't I had a Sunfire with a 2.4L Quad 4, the car could get up and go for what it was, but I got too frustrated with the amount of money needed to get any power out of it, spend $250 get 2 hp if you're lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.