Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.sounddomain.com/id/racerraul2

Just installed the new amps this weekend, the old were replaced because of a nasty turn on\off noise coming through the speakers that forced me to use relays on the speaker wires to get rid of it.

I am going to be working on a custom center console to house my new sub (Alpine Type-X) that I will post pics of when I'm done.

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
Looks nice. I can't wait to see pics of the custom center console. I don't hear much about the type-x subs. Is it gonna be that big of an improvement over the M6?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the Sound Quality of the Type-X & Diamond D6\M6 is going to be on par. However, the Type-X does have higher excursion capability & greater power handling. My goal is to be able to hit my cap of 135db in a sealed enclosure to max out the SPL score in SQ competitions.

I am going to give the my new D6 another shot in a rear firing enclosure (mine currently fires down) and see if the preloading is causing the lack of output... My best so ar has been 126db with 400-500watts... I have yet to find out what I am getting now with nearly 1000watts on the D6\M6.

I did consider the TDX, but it was a good $100 more expensive.

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
I have the hotbox, too and i was hoping for more than a 126. I'll be using a soundsplinter rl-p 12" off the sub channel of my belle getting 1100w. Check out my new comps, cdt es 07.1
http://www.cdtaudio.com/ES07_series.htm
Don't let the prices fool you, i'm sure you've heard of djdilliodon. he can get a great deal on them.
and the sub can be found here www.soundsplinter.com

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have read quite a bit about the new CDT drivers... Seems like they are using D-S-T to make their drivers. They are very similar to Vifa drivers. (A good thing, Alpine & Genesis are doing the same)

So you have yours in? How do they sound? And how much were they?

I too had a Belle, awesome amp. I really the new heatsinks on the new Memphis amps... slick ;)

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
I got the tracking number on them yesterday. I'll have everything in but the sub this weekend hopefully. I'll get some pics up and i may be able to release tthe price by then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.