Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,,
as some of you may know, I have/had a survivor '71 Charger R/T. Well, she sold for a deal that I accepted. Along with the cash, I also got this '96 Ram Indy 500 Pace truck.. Owner says it's about a 3 condition out of 5....... I'm probably going to sell it, but will drive it awhile.... Now the proceeds from the sale can go towards me getting my '68 Hemi Charger on the road..

Troy

Here's the truck.....

PS, does anyone know where I can find the proper chrome mirrors? I'm sure it didn't come with those black mirrors..................

·
Registered
413 Posts
The sport didn't come with chrome mirrors. Those do look like aftermarket mirrors though, check ebay for the correct ones. I think you should keep the truck, so you can trailer your hemi charger to shows in style.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
gray bear said:
The sport didn't come with chrome mirrors. Those do look like aftermarket mirrors though, check ebay for the correct ones. I think you should keep the truck, so you can trailer your hemi charger to shows in style.
Style?.. :D I have a '98 Ram SS/T (original owner) and a '04 Hemi Lonestar Sport Ram QC. Plus, having a family, the SS/T and Indy 500 aren't the best choice to tow with.. Now, the QC on the other hand.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Used it to tow my '69 Charger 500 to the Talladega AeroWarriors Meet in Oct. and it was simply awesome.. Had to look back every once and awhile to make sure I had something back there.............

I have seen Indy's with both the blacked-out and chrome mirrors.... but, as you indicated and I agree, those on this one are aftermarket....

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check ebay now.......

Troy

·
Registered
413 Posts
hemi68charger said:
Style?.. :D I have a '98 Ram SS/T (original owner) and a '04 Hemi Lonestar Sport Ram QC. Plus, having a family, the SS/T and Indy 500 aren't the best choice to tow with.. Now, the QC on the other hand.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Used it to tow my '69 Charger 500 to the Talladega AeroWarriors Meet in Oct. and it was simply awesome.. Had to look back every once and awhile to make sure I had something back there.............

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check ebay now.......

Troy
Wow awesome, I didn't know what you had, start up a gallery, so we can all enjoy your pics, and be sure to include all you cars. I like the looks of the Indy ram, should be easy to sell.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I must correct about the mirrors, some were chrome and some were blacked out. But the ones on yours are definately after-market

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
I've always wanted one of those trucks. My '97 Ram Sport 4x4 was black and had the chrome mirrors from the factory.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found out.. One was the remote mirror and the other was the power mirror options........

T

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Oh, and those are definitely aftermarket.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase Troy....Maybe you will able to make a Houston Meet in the future and bring it with you...I know is has been hard for you to make a meet, but we are talking about doing a July meet either on 10 or 17, at the Fountains in Sugarland...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Keven..
I hope to meet ya'll... The 10th may be a problem if you do it early, I have guard duty then.. The 17th may be more doable.... Then, I have to go to the Middle East for a couple of months with the Air Force....

The Indy was part of the price a gent paid for my '71 Charger R/T.... Cash plus his Indy...........

Troy

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Indy's came with 6x9 mirrors, the black were manual, chrome power.

When I finally get around to buying the paint to spray my Cal Vu SS electric mirrors Ill be pulling the stock chrome electrics. If your not in a rush Id be willing to sell them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RM Indy said:
Indy's came with 6x9 mirrors, the black were manual, chrome power.

When I finally get around to buying the paint to spray my Cal Vu SS electric mirrors Ill be pulling the stock chrome electrics. If your not in a rush Id be willing to sell them.
Sounds cool.. I guess I should wait till next week to see what mirrors it originally came with...... But, I would have thought since all Indys started life as an SLT, they would have come with the power windows... But, as I'm writing this, I did run the VIN of the truck and the info came up with it having the power group option. So, I guess she probably did...... How much were you thinking?

Troy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.