DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When everyone was complaining last summer about AC problems, I thought my D didn't have the problem. Wrong! Had a couple of hot days a few weeks back here in Phoenix. Guess what, the AC stopped working. And yes, I had the computer flashed with the new upgrade last fall, but this didn't fix the problem.

DC has released a new compressor shroud and valve to fix the AC problem. The compressor part was backordered and had to wait 2 weeks to get it. When it came in, I was the 2nd guy to get the fix at my dealership. He also said that the waiting list to get the new part may be up to 3 months long. My wife wouldn't have been any too happy to wait 3 months in the Phoenix heat to get a working AC!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had my A/C in last week for repairs - no cold air at all. Dealer said not properly filled w/ freon at the factory. I asked him to order the parts for the TSB. At the time he said he expected it to take a "couple of days". Maybe this explains why he didn't call me Friday....

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Hate to say it........
But I told everyone "this would be back next summer" (now)!
Damn I'm good!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm in Tucson and there's no way a three month wait for an old problem would be acceptable and Phoenix is even hotter. My wife said the A/C did the same thing the other day. We've had two flashes since we bought it last June. Hopefully it won't return. There's no way in hell I'd accept an entire summer without A/C and this would be the third time. I'd have to look at the lemon law on this one.

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
emrobin,
I've also had mine flashed and then reflashed and that did not take or resolve the problem.
I'm going for TSB 24-006-05, see attachment of cover page only.
We get in the 100+ range all summer also. The dealer knows this is an issue with me....
:flamer:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for posting the updated TSB. This is exactly what the dealer did to fix the AC on my D.

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Hope it worked kpc88,
I'm going to hit my dealer up for is because nothing else they have done worked....
Hope I helped someone with info!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Parts on Backorder

I took my D in to the dealer today for this TSB and now have to wait for the parts to come in because they are on backorder. Dealer is not sure how long it will take to get the parts...so if you are having a/c issues...better get in line for parts before summer...or you may have to rely on the good old 4-70 A/C

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
blackhemi04 said:
I took my D in to the dealer today for this TSB and now have to wait for the parts to come in because they are on backorder. Dealer is not sure how long it will take to get the parts...so if you are having a/c issues...better get in line for parts before summer...or you may have to rely on the good old 4-70 A/C
Ditto,
Dealer ordered my parts yesterday and same thing, "backorder". Obviously we are not the only ones with this problem. I suffered all last summer with it.

Take a number...........

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I was under the impression this problem was only on Durangos with the Dual automated climate control.

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
HEMI x 2 said:
I was under the impression this problem was only on Durangos with the Dual automated climate control.
Not so Gary.....
I don't have the dual controls and the Service manager matched my VIN to this TSB (24-006-05) and BINGO, it showed a match for TSB.
"This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the PCM with new software and installing revised cooling fan, shroud, expansion valve".

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have not had any problems. Are the trucks built during a certain time period?

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
HEMI x 2 said:
I have not had any problems. Are the trucks built during a certain time period?
Gary,
As stated in this TSB: " NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 5.7L engine (sales code EZA), built before February 1, 2005 (NDH 0201XX). Vehicles built after November 1, 2004 (MDH 1101XX) are equipped with the revised expansion valve, fan and shroud and do not require replacement of these parts".

Try this site for TSB 24-006-05:
http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Chrysler/1112256000000_1112857200000_24-006-05/index.html

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well my truck would be included in this TSB. So far I have not had any problems. With summer coming I guess I will find out.

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Gary,
According to dealer some are fine some are not....
Like I said where I live we are over 100 most of the summer so I'm sure there are more here.
Must be a big problem because parts are on BO way out...

·
Registered
594 Posts
I guess I was lucky - the parts were received at my dealer the next day but this was a couple of weeks ago before word got out. I would have my Durango serviced under this TSB regardless of weather it exhibited any symptoms since it may after the warranty runs out.

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
My parts where ordered 5/3/05 and came in today. Work will be preformed tomorrow. Obviously this is a fix Dodge believes must be done because is a semi-major job/fix.
Will see what happens. At least my A/C problem is now very well documented to CMA.........

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Update!
Had TSB done yesterday........ Dealer had the D for about 6 hours, maybe 2 to do the job.
Larger A/C fan and shroud, expansion valve, etc.
It was throwing out some serious cold air on the way home.
Last summer it worked (sometimes) but never kept up with SOLID cold air.... Will see in the dead of summer how it does, we stay around 100+ :flamer: .
If it blows like yesterday then I'm happy!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dealer called today and said my parts are in!!!! I'm going to have them installed next week, just in time to head south for vacation! I insisted they call the startech line to figure out how to fix my tow/haul mode engine braking problem, so, hopefully they'll be able to fix both in the same visit.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have a 2004 D, Hemi bought in Aug. 2004. I live in Phoenix and so far it blows plenty cold. How can I tell if I have the newer parts already?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.