DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new shoes today, and I love them. They are 32x11.5x15 BFG's. I've included a before and after picture, and I will post the individual ones below. I also did the Coil/Shakle lift because it's 2x4. Looks pretty damn good I think - I'm excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a long shot:

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here are some of the tire clearance on the front and back. The tires do not rub on the wheel well or the frame, and I have not felt a frame rub yet but if it does rub I can not feel it.

I got the Dayton 2" Coil Spacers from www.performancelifts.com for $89 dollars I believe. The front is still 1/2 inch lower than the back, but it was like that to begin with.

The front tires come withing 1/8 of an inch of hitting the back wheel well and about 1/2 inch from hitting the fender, but neither touch at all. I did absolutely no trimming.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a shot of my "Durango" graphic on the front windshield and another shot of the side/front.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
Those look nice. I'd like to see them done in body colors on the darker D's

I have custom caps too, but they aren't mounted to the plastic cap. LOL I built the die that stamps out the factory caps and have some of the spin variations that Chrysler didn't want to use due to cost. Come to think about it, I have the Harley Ford blanks, caps and variations too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Post some pics JP.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
Nice job

·
Registered
756 Posts
that front decal looks familiar i got the same one off ebay for like 5 bucks looks good though

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Dodgesportz - are you talking about the windshield decal? Yeah, I got it off of Ebay for $15 bucks. Glad you like it.

Kevin - thanks, bro. :rck:

·
T's99Durango
449 Posts
:rck: :rck: good lookin D now you need the 3" body lift :rck:
tony

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
T-

I know, man. That was what I originally wanted really badly. However, now that I have the 32's on with just the C/S lift, I'm kinda liking how it really doesn't look "lifted", you know what I mean? It almost looks stock but has an MUCH more aggressive stance to it. I'm thinking now that I'm not going to get the body lift. If I every decided to upgrade to 33's however, then I'll definitely get it. For now I'm going to concentrate on a brush guard and getting my corners clear and my tails blacked out. Thanks for the props.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hopefully this thread will be a "How To" for those with 2wd's who want to lift their D and get some bigger tires. I know that when I began research, I really didn't know what to do or how to do it.

I also wanted to add: I know that many with 4wd's have attested to running 33x12.50's on stock rims with minimal trimming. I do not recommend this on the 2wd. It seems that our 2wd front end's may be a bit lower than 4wd after the T/S lift. This is because the Coil Spacer only adds about 1.5" of clearance, while tightening the torsion bars seems to add a little more.

I found a pair of 4 month old used Goodyear 33x12.5 MT's at my tire place for $120! They were in great shape, so I got the buys to put one on the front of my D after I had done the C/S lift. It fit heigth wise, but width wise it was pretty crammed in there. With some pretty heavy trimming of the wheel well and fender, I think it would fit - but thats not to mention how bad it would rub the frame. Plus, I have noticed a little power shortage now that I have the 32's. When I'm going up an incline, my D will sometimes "search" for the right gear a little longer than it used to.

All in all, and this is just my opinion, 32x11.5x15 is the biggest tire that those with 2wd's should try to fit on their D without at least a body lift and a gear upgrade. Hope this helps any 2wd cats who are just getting started.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Outstanding improvement!

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
Looks much better - like the stance a lot :tup:

·
Registered
756 Posts
just do a search on google for 6400 westin shackles i special ordered mine from jcwhitney

·
Registered
63 Posts
dodgesportz26 said:
just do a search on google for 6400 westin shackles i special ordered mine from jcwhitney

I did a search, I can't find them... I guess I am not 5% smarter than Google. :help:

·
Registered
756 Posts
sorry man i meant belltech 6400 heres the site its for a chevy to lower it but lifts a dodgebelltech

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, just order the Belltech shakles. I got mine from www.summitracing.com. And remember, they are wide so you're going to need washers to get them to fit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.