DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
08Hemisilvercrew
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 02 Ram today and i've been looking for 06's as a replacement. I came across a new 08 Quad cab 4X4 for $23,600! Thats with all the incentives and rebates. The monthly payment is inline if i could scrape up another $1000. problem is at this time I'm not sure i could come up with the extra grand. Should I do what it takes to come up with the extra money or let it go? The power train warranty is the part that i'm afraid to let go. :bawl:What would you do? By the way most dealers in my area want $19,000 for low mileage 06's!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Its not a great deal. But not bad...Tell them never mind I can't afford it and simple walk away. If they really want to make a deal they will change some numbers for ya. How many 08 do they have on the lot?

·
Registered
91 Posts
you can not touch that truck around here in NY for less then 25K but there are not many 08's left. It is a good dal, see if they'll drop the finance rate to get the payment in line...it is all numbers.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I'm gonna assume that doesn't include tax title and tags.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got my bighorn edition for 21,161

·
Registered
91 Posts
remember he is looking at 4x4, I just saw on TV that chrysler is offering 0% (probably in lieu of rebates or something)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its not a great deal. But not bad...Tell them never mind I can't afford it and simple walk away. If they really want to make a deal they will change some numbers for ya. How many 08 do they have on the lot?
Not a great deal? 15k off the sticker is pretty good! I just got mine for 26, sticker 42. (yes, 26 before tax tag ect. ) Buy it up!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
it is a good deal, not great, but if your that tight on $ how will you insure it or get tax and title payed for? See if you can get it down another $500-$1K, then your golden!

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I think it is a good price. Just make them go down a grand. They will, if you tell them that you will take it today if you drop it another grand.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Try and talk the guy down in price.
I picked up my 08 for 21 and change down from 37 and change in October.
Thats in Canadian money though, not Canadian Tire money..

·
Too much violence
3,892 Posts
Push them around a bit, by telling them you are really more interested in a 09; I've see as much as 10,000 + off the new 09's in Central NY! The commercial is being aired by Roger Burdick Dodge, located at the Drive-in Auto Mall off Route 11 in North Syracuse. I was just down that way a week ago, since financing an 08 is not a problem for you; just a thought. BTW, That place is freaking HUGE...

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
yeah 13 off 09s here
but does it have a HEMI?

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok did i get ripped?i paid 17 grand for my 04,2500,longbed quad cab,4x4,i thought i got a good price since i couldnt find a 2500 quad cab long bed,by the way its a hemi,lol,it had 35,000 miles on it.so to me 23 grand for an 08 sounds good,but what do i know,lol this is my 1st dodge truck,john

·
Registered
91 Posts
ok did i get ripped?i paid 17 grand for my 04,2500,longbed quad cab,4x4,i thought i got a good price since i couldnt find a 2500 quad cab long bed,by the way its a hemi,lol,it had 35,000 miles on it.so to me 23 grand for an 08 sounds good,but what do i know,lol this is my 1st dodge truck,john
if you are happy with it that is all that matters, compare to the market. The thing is he is looking at an SLT, HEMI, 4x4, you might hear 10 and 15 off sticket, but stick on that truckis between 38K and 42K depending on options. Every 09 deal I have seen has been an ST with a 4.7 barebones. I for one hate rubber floors and crap seats.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah im happy with it,its also an slt ,hemi,4x4,so if his is also that, it sounds good to me,i also say tell them to go down a grand,it cant hurt to try,john

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.