DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Azz Kicker
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am installing a new system in my 2004 QC. Bought new speakers and amp and was going to hook it all up. I bought a Line Out Converter to create the RCA outs. Well turns out that it will not work right on my truck without some creative wiring. I about threw my hands up and said forget it. I was going to sell my RB4 and buy an aftermarket head. Then it hit me, if I have signal wires coming from the RB4 into the infinity amp, surely I can make RCA outs from that right? Well now it was time to figure out the wiring. I downloaded a car stero diagram from the12volt.com for my year make and model. Looked at the harness, nope. None of it matched. Then I remembered that I had downloaded the service manual from Hemitruckclub and looked at it. Hey, some of them match! Whoo Hoo. In business. So I grabbed my female RCA jacks that I had just soldered together and went to go tap wires. Ok, I matched up the 4 rear door wires. Now onto the front. Huh? What is going on? Where are the front door wires? I see a bunch left, but none of them match up. So I decided to do a little process of elimnation. I checked off the wires I could find the schematic and I had none left to use. Are there no front signal wires? Then it hit me. This is a common ground system. Why did they not put that in the schematic. Wired up the 4 signal wires, grounded the ground wires for the RCA jacks and put the radio back. Now the test. Went back to where the RCA's were laying in anticipation for the amp and tested the voltage. Each one was around 5 volts. WHOO HOO. Success!!!!!!

Why am I telling you this? Well in case anyone else wants to wire an amp to their stock RB4, I can hook you up with how to do it!

The amp is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I will let you know how it sounds!

·
Registered
239 Posts
glad ya had success. a lot easier than working on the avionics units we have in the backshop. can you imagine a motherboard covered in a rat's nest of 26 gauge yellow colored wire for 2000+ pins? (and that's just one of 100+ different units) oh what fun.

:bawl::bawl: gosh i miss it.

can't wait to put a new system in my truck.

·
Azz Kicker
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what was once thought as success turned into epic fail. Yeah, the RCA's carried a signal, but the head unit would not control volume or fader/balance. Scrap that idea. I am going to try the line out converter I have and if that does not work well, the RB4 is going up for sale. I did not spend the money I did on an amp and speakers to rig it to keep the head unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.