DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at one of those import tuner magazines the other day and noticed that DCX was replacing the neon, after the 2006 model year, with some ugly @$$ hatchback that looks like a miniature Magnum with a Dakota grille. Does any one know if there is any truth to this?

·
Registered
493 Posts
The Caliber is not the replacement for the Neon. It is a completely new vehicle, not based on the Neon PL chassis nor the current 2.0/2.4L engine at all.

The Neon has reached the end of its useful life and then some. It will not be returning. It is off to the land of Pintos and Camaros. Buh-bye... so sad...

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
And there are still rumors of a possible small Dodge sedan based on the Caliber showing up in a year or two......... it is very unlikely that this one five-door hatchback will be the only compact Dodge being offered. Stay tuned.;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darn that really really sucks!!! I think DCX needs to put out a new AWD turbo car (eg; talon GSX) to compete with these imports...we'll see...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Won't happen. This is now DAIMLER-chrysler. No more namby pamby cheapskate grassroots racing support. Thou wanteth performance? thou must buy the almighty HEMI - and pay through the nose and purchase the mandatory leather interior and 60 pound each chrome wheels and performance sound system...

·
Registered
842 Posts
lmao "almighty hemi". what a joke! You couldn't pay me enough to buy one of those dogs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dear god I hope the Caliber hasn't a thing to do with the Neon's replacement. I've been out of the Dodge loop for a few months (I'm the artist formerly known as TenthElement, my Neon was totalled, sadly) but that is seriously the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Aztec owners can laugh at that without shame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.