DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am needing two wheels for my truck. Went to have my tires rotated and balanced the other day and the shop noticed that one of wheels was bent, must have happened on my last wheeling trip not sure, but the tire would not balance out. So to prevent from voiding my road hazard warranty, I put my spare on. So, I am at the point now that I need two wheels one for the damaged one, and the other for my spare. Can anyone help out!

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Don't buy from dealer--they are about $500 each!!!

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Here's your chance to get some pretty wheels nows. :D You know what you are going to pay for 2 new factory wheels, if you go that route. As you know, our wheels are almost never on flea-bay.

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:dunno:Well, that is the thing, I am not wanting to spend money on this yet! The money I spend on the wheels are taking away from my snorkel money, and that is more important to me right now, I will ride with the spare if that is what it takes. If anyone comes across some good deals send them my way, thanks.:dunno:

·
Labrador Retrievers rule!
1,794 Posts
Keep checking ebay. I got one from there.

I have seen some advertised as Power Wagon on ebay, but they were the standard
17" forged Ram wheels. Make sure you check the P/N's.

Keep this thread bumped to the first page, and maybe someone here will sell some.

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts

·
I mine uranium!!!
148 Posts
Well, I've got my set of 4 off my wrecked 05 PW sitting in my garage... would you be able to help a brother out sourcing a set of rockrails?

·
Registered
145 Posts
hey deep rigging... I might be interested in a couple wheels for spares. What kinda price. I turned down a set of rock rails a couple years back, never realized they were gonna be hard to get down the road. I'll make a couple calls and see if they are still around down here.

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
I mine uranium!!!
148 Posts
Yeah, I saw that thread and PM'ed but there was no reply, I'm thinkin they were sold to Warlock06. I've been sitting on these rims for 3yrs now, there's no rush on my part to move them. If TheBigDawg can find me some rockrails I may be driving to Estevan to make a trade, otherwise I know you need them danny.p.watts, so I'll keep in touch. Might even be able to make both of you happy, I have all 4, after all!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I call bullshit on what the shop told you. As far as I am concerned forged aluminum rims cannot be bent while wheeling. Part of the wheel would break off first. Probably just a bad tire or shop.

Shay

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, but it is bent, I seen it with my own eyes. Will post pics when I get the chance since some of us think that this is impossible.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I call bullshit on what the shop told you. As far as I am concerned forged aluminum rims cannot be bent while wheeling. Part of the wheel would break off first. Probably just a bad tire or shop.

Shay
One of my rims is bent as well. Not horribly but it made it impossible for the tire tech to balance it with the allowed amount of weights. Trust me. You can see the flat spot. They bend

·
Registered
175 Posts
One of my rims is bent as well. Not horribly but it made it impossible for the tire tech to balance it with the allowed amount of weights. Trust me. You can see the flat spot. They bend

Well my bad I thought they were too hard to actually bend!

Shay

·
Registered
145 Posts
To deeprigging... A buddy of mine bought a set of rails a few years back, he was gonna use em on his 2500, but he smashed it before he put them on. He offered them to me when I got the p wagon, but I turned him down at the time because I had a set of new steps already. DUMMY lol. Anyways he's trying to get ahold of the guy that bought em. If they're in a garage somewhere... we'll find em.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts