DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some pilotautomotive L.E.D. lights from autozone for $29.99. They have 3 wires. Black, Red, Blue. Red is power, black is gound, blue is a option for the nightrider effect. How do I wire this up so they all work. I need a switch. Do I use a On/Off/On switch? I've already fried a couple of fuses trying to make this thing work. If someone could send me a diagram I can wire it or a good description. I went to the companies website and it's underconstruction, I plan to call them monday. But any help from the dodge talk members is much appreciated.

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on my wiring problem. I called Pilot Automotive they were helpful. The lights I bought are designed where you have to pick one option. Steady on or nightrider effect. You can't have the best of both worlds. Well I think Im gonna chalk this one up to money well wasted. I will be un-installing those lights and buying prewired kits from Leading edge dynamics. There stuff is really nice, looks very simple too. I will post pics in a few months once I get everything done. Going for that mopar blue behind the grill look.

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I dont know why you couldn't wire up both options. There proabably is a toggle switch with a three choice positions (off, solid, and moving for your application). I am sure a switch exists somewhere. It would have power in and two different power outs. (power to switch, red wires to one out, blue wires to the other out, black wires grounded to truck)

Or you could have a basic toggle for solid and a toggle for moving, but dont turn them both on at once (red wires to one switch, blue to the other, power to both switches, black wires grounded to truck).

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, but at this point Im going to go with leading edge dynamics products. Check out their website. They have some cool stuff. I blew several fuses trying to make both work on a on/off/on switch. Im just gonna stop while Im ahead and go the easier route. The Leading edge stuff looks real easy to install. Im thinking some blue Led clusters and there wiring products should be easy. Plus the pilot automotive led's I bought, I had to glue a cover back on already. Lesson learned. I will buy better quality stuff. Thanks to those who have replied to my problem.

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn KYKILLERKLOWN, you have more stereo stuff than best buy! Nice Ride! I bet that is loud as all hell. WOW, kick arse!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.