Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Cali Wagon Wheeler
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's my dilemma, I have two options I can go with my new(er) Ram:

Option 1: This is my old set up that is actually just chilling in my garage.

Ground force 2/3 drop (will be converted to 2/4 if I re-install)
Custom sway bar end links
24" BOSS 330's - Black face with a polished lip.

This is what the truck looked like with this set-up:

Option 2:

ICON is using the truck to develop a 3" suspension lift for the 2WD's. This set-up would consist of:

ICON UCA's
ICON 3" front lift coils
ICON 1.5" rear lift coils
ICON 2.0 smooth body shocks front and rear
Method Standards (black)
35/12.50R17 Toyo M/T's

Now, keep in mind this is my daily driver, but I am planning on either going Long Travel or full blown tremec 6 speed conversion/6.4L Hemi swap once it is paid off in 5 years. But I want a decent suspension for my daily travels. I know for a fact that the lifted setup will ride better, but cost me in gas, while the lowered setup did handle amazing and improved my mpg's by 1 over stock.

My thing is, I know it sounds lame, but I want that "OH DAMN!" look again. I know I will have it with the dropped setup, once I convert the drop to 2/4 and throw a cat back on, but I'm not sure if I will be able to get it out of the lifted setup with it only being a 3" lift on 35's. Might just blend in...

What to do, what to do........?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I would lift it , cause these trucks have a really sweet stance when they are up there, look around the forum we have the best lifted trucks here around.......around Houston it is always easy to get into a traffic hold up, its nice to know you have (options), when the traffic is stopped, and not having to worry about curbs. You dont have to worry about wheel stops, and door dings as much, the view is much better up there(ask the lifted ones):rck:, I have 2 small boys i like being a little higher up than other cars when we meet head on..........;), gas mileage will suffer a little but the trade off is to me , that if you get hit you wont have a grille of a car sitting in the front seat with you .....that is just an opinion ,so it is not law, beautiful truck by the way

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
If you care about speed, then go lower. If you just want a nice all around ride and can live with the lack of performance, then lift it. Both will stand out. Wheels, tires, and suspension will always make a truck stand out in a crowd.

·
Cali Wagon Wheeler
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, keep em coming.

Tires on the 24's are 305/35R24's

·
Registered
223 Posts
lowered! no contest.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think a dersert pre runner style long travel set up would give you the wow but you'll need more then whats in that kit to get that WOW. I.E wider/less off set wheel to fill the pre runner fenders/ bedsides for starters. I agree the 3in and 35's will just blend. look like a debadged 2500 with blk wheels on it. So you can get the wow but you'll have to spend some coin to do it right up and will cost you more in gas and fixing shat when you break stuff jumping stuff/ trail running. You cant build it up longtravel and not leave the hard stuff! The 2/3 you have and modding it won't cost that much and its a pretty much a free wow. Can ya go 4/6? The motor swap sounds badass in either one! Once its paid for mpg wont matter as much with no payment thats BA! 5 yrs is a min. though so this is a tough one. Hard to stay un-biased thats forsure.

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
raise her up as high as she'll go

·
Agent Orange!
4,280 Posts
Hard choices. I am in the same boat on either going lifted or finish laying frame. I say Lower it since you already have a BA lifted Power Wagon.

·
Cali Wagon Wheeler
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
WORK IN PROCESS
329 Posts
Gotta LIFT IT, Cuz fat chicks can't climb :D

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
Well since you already have a lifted PW, you now need a lowered sport truck. I say install the ICON lift, drive it home, message me, I'll take the lift, then lower your truck. Sounds like a plan to me, let me know when I can come take the lift off your hands. LOL :D

·
TTHA
515 Posts
Lift it! With a 3 inch lift you can still get some decent performance out of it and you can take her off road

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
Yello - You know when ICON will be releasing the lift? I'm either looking at just a level kit for the front, or a very small lift.

My 04 had a 7" lift with 35's, now that I have the family and all, not trying to go crazy with the height. Small lift and 33-35" tires will suffice.

·
Registered
949 Posts
LOWERED!!
Without a doubt.. like everyone else is saying.
You already have a lifted one, now you need a low one.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.