DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I've just been doing my first spark plug change on a Grand Caravan 2007. Things went well until the last one which I must've cross-threaded and I'm 100% sure needs to be rethreaded. It happens to be at the back of the engine and is the furthest away from reach out of the lot. Has anyone else had this problem specifically with the back plugs? the space is tight and just finding the plugs and removing them without seeing was challenging. Advice appreciated :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm under the impression that you didn't remove the wiper tray and cowl. It takes about two minutes to remove and opens up the back of the engine bay quite nicely. Then you can try tapping the hole straight in, or you can try an expanding plug thread tapping tool. You try to set it toward the bottom of the thread bore, expand the threads snug to the hole, and then back the tap out. Any method still won't be the friendliest since it's on the back and the hardest to reach, but that's my best lesser evil to get your thread repaired.

Here's a pic of the tool I'm talking about. I can't see a part number on it, but I'd bet most auto parts stores have this or something similar.

plug threading tools..jpg

Reactions: Wackamole
1 - 2 of 2 Posts