DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol. i still need to get the small mods out of the way but man i cant wait to get to the big ones. the turbo diesels are fast modded, and kickin my butt. i want to be smoking lightly modded mustang GT's, GTO's, SRT-4's and such

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
You are going to need forced induction and many many bolt ons to be smoking new gtos and mustangs. Got my ass HANDED to me tonight at the track by a convertible 06 5speed stang. He ran a 13.6 I don't know what he had done to it, but it had a trap speed of 107

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemi1569 said:
You are going to need forced induction and many many bolt ons to be smoking new gtos and mustangs. Got my ass HANDED to me tonight at the track by a convertible 06 5speed stang. He ran a 13.6 I don't know what he had done to it, but it had a trap speed of 107
What did you run??

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
hemi-dad said:
lol. i still need to get the small mods out of the way but man i cant wait to get to the big ones. the turbo diesels are fast modded, and kickin my butt. i want to be smoking lightly modded mustang GT's, GTO's, SRT-4's and such
You'd probably be better off saving the money you'd spend on small mods, and going with the big ones. An STS turbo would help you keep with some of the vehicles you mentioned. But you are going to have a tough time hanging with a diesel with an aftermarket turbo, propane or methanol injection, high horsepower injectors, etc.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
15.08 at 89.75 first run. took a hour and ten minutes to get the first run in. Last test and tune night of the year and the 5th pass a cadillac(small car) breaks a cv joint, tranny fluid everywhere... I was pissed only got 2 runs in.Here are my times. I was in full street trim, spare on, tailgate on, mirrors in and air filter out. Superchips set at 6300 and 91 octane. First times are manually shifting at 6300, and leaving it in second through the traps, stillpulling btw. Second run is leaving it in drive and just flooring it. First run stalled to 1400 and nailed it, and second run just left and punched it, no powerbrake. Got smoked by a mustang bad, and my second run beat a new durango. Met up with a guy on here who is pretty cool. He ran real good, 14.75 with only sc, dual exhaust and homemade intake. Sorry for the long post here are the times

r/t .10830
60' 2.262
330' 6.317
1/8 [email protected]
1000' 12.598
1/[email protected]

2nd run

rt .387
60 2.29
330 6.350
1/8 [email protected]
1000' 12.631
1/4 [email protected]

Overall happy with times, wish i could get into the 14's, but not gonna happen without some good mods.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Nice times man!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Thanks. I think that in the spring i will be in the 13's

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
Hey Hemi-dad, where is GA are you from?

Also, is your truck a regular cab, quad cab, 4x4, 4x2?

·
Registered
356 Posts
wat do you have planned to get into the 13's? your a 4x so u have a lil extra weight to move plus a lil more driveline loss... if you do tho , hell yeah! :rck:

·
Registered
201 Posts
hemi1569 said:
15.08 at 89.75 first run. took a hour and ten minutes to get the first run in. Last test and tune night of the year and the 5th pass a cadillac(small car) breaks a cv joint, tranny fluid everywhere... I was pissed only got 2 runs in.Here are my times. I was in full street trim, spare on, tailgate on, mirrors in and air filter out. Superchips set at 6300 and 91 octane. First times are manually shifting at 6300, and leaving it in second through the traps, stillpulling btw. Second run is leaving it in drive and just flooring it. First run stalled to 1400 and nailed it, and second run just left and punched it, no powerbrake. Got smoked by a mustang bad, and my second run beat a new durango. Met up with a guy on here who is pretty cool. He ran real good, 14.75 with only sc, dual exhaust and homemade intake. Sorry for the long post here are the times

r/t .10830
60' 2.262
330' 6.317
1/8 [email protected]
1000' 12.598
1/[email protected]

2nd run

rt .387
60 2.29
330 6.350
1/8 [email protected]
1000' 12.631
1/4 [email protected]

Overall happy with times, wish i could get into the 14's, but not gonna happen without some good mods.

you were only able to get 2 runs? I got 3 but towards they end they were only running 1 lane because a camaro busted something in the hemmings lane. I was running a little over half tank of gas with spare and everything. Best time of the night was the 14.75 @ 90.99, also ran a 14.81 and 14.83.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
richc said:
you were only able to get 2 runs? I got 3 but towards they end they were only running 1 lane because a camaro busted something in the hemmings lane. I was running a little over half tank of gas with spare and everything. Best time of the night was the 14.75 @ 90.99, also ran a 14.81 and 14.83.

Yeah, only 2 runs. The wife called and bitched at me cuz i have not been home much and I told her i would be right home as soon as i asked 150 people to move their cars :thatfunny Second run was 15.13 at 89.12 I really took a whoopin from that gt but made up for it with a win against a hemi durango. I had about a 1/8 of gas. I am going with a comp cam, don't know whether a 260 or 268. Some manley valve springs, retainers and pushrods and i am going to get a intake and efan. Debating whether i should have krc tune my computer or if i can figure out how to tune it with the arc1. I am guessing the cam with a tune and intake and efan i should be low 14's maybe a 13.99?

·
Registered
624 Posts
if you want to be beating those cars you need:
Long Tubes
Intake
Exhaust
SuperChip
Big Cam
100 or 150 shot of NOS

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
12.5 on those mods on a 2wd with traction... that is whooping alot of cars except extremely modded camaros and mustangs. You would wipe a lightnings ass with that setup.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just go straight for the turbo, do a FMIC, run an electronic boost controler so you can have dailydrive and race settings for the boost and on top of that put a small shot of nos ( NOS has a bigger effect for its shot size on turboed autos due the the extreme cooling of the incoming air and the large exhaust boost to spool the turbo ). Whats nice about a 4x4 is you can put it in 4x at the line and powerbrake the shit outta the turbo and launch under boost with alot of traction ( Jim, forgot his last name, AKA Parish ran in the 10s with his turbocharged 408 in his 4x4 silverado on stock tires launching in 4x4. )

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im in west ga. close to the alabama line on I-20. my truck is a QC 2WD hemi with 17" wheels. my plans right now are headers, y-pipe, electric dump on exhaust, power wire, air ram power scoop, CAI, tuner of some type ( waiting to see what bullydog releases), big cam with valvetrain upgrade, wider wheels, alum driveshaft, posi rear end,electric fan, ... u get the idea

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will prob go with the KRC 218 HEMI cam. would those mods get me close ? i know those plus spraying a 100 shot of nitrous would do it

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
I know even with those mods it will be hard to toutch an ls2 gto. My best friend has one. I run low 14s and he pulls away from me pretty good. He also has exhaust, custom tune, intake, and a pulley setup. He probably runs low 13s on stocks tires and 12s on slicks

2,395 Posts
HemiRamOn22s said:
I know even with those mods it will be hard to toutch an ls2 gto. My best friend has one. I run low 14s and he pulls away from me pretty good. He also has exhaust, custom tune, intake, and a pulley setup. He probably runs low 13s on stocks tires and 12s on slicks
well in that case i think with those mods he'll be able to beat a stock one, hell i can run those times right now without a cam, so he should be able to get close to that even in a quad...with a big cam. so just take my modlist plus that KRC 218 cam and the ARC1 to help control your air/fuel, and you should be hanging with the modded ones.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
14.6 for a mustang gt doesnt sound that good, i had an 03, and stock it's supposed to run 14.2 and my best time with it was a 14.4. now the new gt's are supposed to be faster, if hes running a 14.6, that sounds kinda lame, specially if he's lightly modded. maybe he doesnt know how to shift.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.