DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cranked the front torsions this evening, went up about 1.5 inches. Rear Ranchos went on fine, the front are giving me fits as the freakin shock boots seem to be too long. I slid the darn things way down the shock body but they either still need to be slid down further, at least halfway (or more), which I haven't resorted to yet, otherwise the top of the boot pops off the collar when I compress the shock to install it. Is this normal?

The fronts are Rancho #99283. Highly aggravating that one small snafu keeps holding up completion! Dang it!
:help:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I spoke to Rancho directly when Sam's Offroad sent me the wrong sized shocks.

I had gone up almost 2 1/2 inches on my torsion bars, and the guy from Rancho said that I still just needed the standard replacement shock (RS99197) for the front, as they can handle up to 4" of lift with that shock. He said that when you crank the torsion bars up 2", the shock has only changed about an inch (something about where the shock is mounted does not move the entire 2").

I know that some others have put your same shock on, but I think it is probably a bit too long.

Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, what did you do about the rubber shock boots, any problems with those?

When I bought I made sure to ask the guy at the 4WD store I went to here in Dallas, if this was the replacement for only lifting 1" to 2" and he looked it up to verify it was.

I see you have a 2500 though Hemi Freak, I would think you would use a different part number from the 1500's.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
take the boots off. a lot of people dont run them.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
TexasZach said:
I see you have a 2500 though Hemi Freak, I would think you would use a different part number from the 1500's.
I just bought my 2500 this weekend, and traded in my '03 1500 on it (which is the truck I put the Rancho's on).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duly noted Hemi Freak, did those shocks come with the correct shock boots too?

Z

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I didn't have a problem once I got the right shocks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greatness! Thanks Hemi... Looks like I'll be heading to 4WP tomorrow...

Zach

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.