DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 2500. what exactly is the purpose of my steering stablizer? someone told me that upgrading it would give me improved steering performance off-road! is this true? would it do anything, how exactly does this thing work?? if anyone can help me out i would apperciate it.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
would improve it on-road too

I have one, basically it's a shock absorber for your steering, you already have one, but the factory mopar one is subpar and, well, sucks

if you ever notice like hitting a bump or an extremely bumpy rail road crossing at speed your truck kinda "shakes" and it feels like you have no control

it cures this

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the info!!! are there any ones out there that you would recomend getting? it is a stock 2005 2500 power wagon! i have blistein shocks already on it.

·
5,089 Posts
I have the Superlift one on mine, 215$ installed from my local shop, iusually 189.99+ shipping/install

KTS also has the same stabilizer as me, I got a few pics, check them out

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Chauncy I have a 2005 2500 4x4 on order. Do you know if it comes with 1 stabilizer I assume yours has 2 because of your lift. I checked out your gallery and you have one sweet ride, hope to have mine look like that someday.

·
5,089 Posts
no Superlift only has the dual stabilizer

would work in stock configuration too, KTS took his decals off and switched the boots to black instead of yellow

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
all the 4x4 front coil suspensions have a steering stabilizer on them. bad apart about the shock is it hides any problems in the front end until they become 'problems'. if you got the new power wagon, i'ld leave the stock stabilizer alone. it's plenty sufficient.

mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.