DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have some issues I need some help with. So, I have a 2016 Ram 1500 with the 3.6 V6 and the ZF 8 speed trans, 4WD. Today I drove around and when I hit about 45 merging on the highway the truck suddenly didn’t want to shift and then when it got to about 3500 RPM it was like the truck was being limited right there. Couldn’t get it to accerlate over 45 or 3500 RPM. I put it in manual using the steering wheel buttons and it worked fine in manual. Got where I was going, then on the drive home it drove fine. Went and ran few other short errands, no
Issues. Thought maybe it was a fluke thing, so drove about 30 miles this evening and it was fine, then on my way home it once again did it but this time around 35MPH/3500 RPM, switched it to manual again and it still acted like something was holding it back before finally shifting and then later on in the drive I put it back in auto and drove around some
More and no more issues. No warning lights or messages coming up on the truck so I have no idea what’s causing it, it’s like something is just limiting the truck and I can’t figure out why. Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I found my issue and wanted to share the fix for anyone else out there. So, the day after I posted this I got a engine code- P06DD, which is engine oil pressure circuit performance/stuck off. We did some more looking around and it sounds like a lot of people have had this issue, and alot
Of people took their trucks to dealers with no fix after changing various things oil pumps and what not. We simply started with changing the oil (it was over due anyways) and decided if that didn’t fix it then we would look into changing the sensor that the code indicated. One thing we read someone said they changed their oil and after about 200 miles their check engine light went away and never had an issue. So we changed the oil, put a Mopar oil filter in and cleared the codes and I’ve driven about 1500 miles since then and did not have any more issues. I also found a 2nd issue that I wonder if it had come into play as well. I noticed an oil leak coming from the intake area when I changed the oil, which I assumed was the filter housing oring leaking which I had had happen once before. Continued to leak after this oil change and ended up having to remove the oil cooler that’s under the intake and replacing all the seals to fix my leak. Haven’t had another issue since and done a lot of driving, so thought I would share my experience with this mysterious issue!
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top